Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Art With Heart Team Blog - Valentines

Finally after much behind the scenes planning, Ros Davidson and I have orchestrated a new monthly blog hop with the Art With Heart team. 

So who are the Art with Heart team? Lead by Claire Daly, there are over 80 demonstrators across Australia ... if you want to become part of this great team just email me for more details. We have a great team forum, Business Building Club and heaps of support from other like minded demonstrators - I love it ... whilst we are all 'independent' demonstrators being a member of this team means that no-one is on their own ... team support is priceless!

So on with the hop ... you may have just come from Erica Boxall, but if you are starting here, don’t worry … you can make the complete journey just by following the links at the end of each post. There are 11 stops along the way and we hope you will visit each one to see the wonderful creations we have to show you!

IMG_4414
I have used the I {Heart} Hearts and Real Red ink to create a very striking colour combination with the Whisper White.  The box is so easy to make (thanks to
Kimmy Mieklejohn for showing me how to make them) - leave a comment and I'll email to you the template and instructions.

IMG_4417
I'm going to fill this box with my husband's favourite lollies - he'll love it.   You can make these any size you like - I make mine and then flatten it out again ready for stamping.  I've stamped extra hearts and cut them out ... and used Dimensionals to attach them to the box.  The jumbo eyelets have been set with the crop-o-dile ... so easy and so quiet (if you've ever tried to set an eyelet in the dead of night with a hammer and setting tool, then you'll know what I am talking about!).

IMG_4416
For the card I have scored two lines around the edge for extra (and quick) interest, stamped more hearts in Real Red and used the same eyelets and ribbon.  

Now I have a confession to make ... I was trying to tie a pretty bow but it just wasn't happening ... so whilst I was getting into a pickle I noticed that the ribbon looked good just twisted - I am really pleased with the result, far less stressful and its looks a little different too.  I've covered all of the hearts with Crystal Glaze - love that stuff!

So do you like it?  Leave me a comment if you do .... if you leave a comment on each and every blog in the hop and then email me at nikki@inkyart.com.au, your name will be put into the hat to win some beautiful blog candy. There is a deadline of 72 hours to leave your comments (that's 6.00am AEST 3 February) and only non SU demos are eligible to win - although we'd love all visitors to leave some comments please.

Well, that’s all from me. Now you’re off to enjoy the beautiful creations of Sue Madex who is another Melbourne based demonstrator.

Next month's theme is Easter ... looking forward to bring you something egg-sta special on 28 February - (sorry terrible joke)!

For my regular readers, the February newsletter is almost complete and will be emailed next week ... if you aren't on the mailing list and want to be, just complete the box on the right hand side.

Blog signature
 




38 comments:

Claire Daly said...

Love this Nikki. Those hearts look great glazed. I also really like what you have done with that twisted ribbon.

Genna Gifford said...

Great work Nikki. The simple colour scheme is so striking! Love it.

Ros Davidson said...

Such a sweet gift for hubby.

Kimmy Meiklejohn said...

Nikki, absolutely love these! Very clean and simple. And i agree with above comments, love the glazed hearts, twisted ribbon and the colour scheme!

Erica Boxall said...

Love your card and box, especially since red is my favourite colour. Just stunning. Thanks, Erica xx

Kimmy Meiklejohn said...

A big thank you to both you and Ros for organising this Blog Hop! A great effort from the both of you! This is just amazing!

Paula said...

I just love the card and box you made. I would love the instructions if you don't mind sharing with me in the USA.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Diane Klieger said...

Silly me I thought I was all caught up. Okay it's like Christmas all over again. Each new post wants you to do more. Okay I need the template I have more to do.

Paula said...

I am not certain that my email address that I clicked on was correct. Sorry for the second post!
The correct one is attached to this one.

Zoe Farmer said...

Very nice,I may have to try the box sometime. Thanks for startingthe Blog Hop.

Kathryn Lowe said...

Love the fresh crisp lines of these Nikki and that twisted ribbon is a real winner! Very nicely done, and thanks for steering us through our first blog hop!

Christine Blain said...

Love these, N. The red and white look so crisp (and "love" oriented) together; just beautiful.

Alisha Watson said...

I love your card Nikki, I love the hearts they really "Pop", thanks for sharing a wonderful card and organising the blog hop...It has given people like me so many ideas and many more stamp sets to buy :-)

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Hi Nikki, Love the white and red oh so effective. Great box and matching card, your husband is going to love those lollies too!

Gayatri said...

Love the hearts, Nikki. They are so striking against the white background. Wow! I like the crystal effects on the hearts too. Great job!

Darla Utley said...

Love the valentine ideas. Would love to receive the template for the box. Darla

Kristine Thompson said...

Hello there Ms Nikki. Your projects are just divine. And it is such a ME design. You are truly talented my friend. May I have the box dimensions also. I got one of these for my Kris Kringle, I loved it then, and I love it now. Kris x

Judith Tetley said...

Hi Nikki....I saved your blog until last, love the hearts and the 'happy accident' with the ribbon. Well done..hope you girls do more of these as I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Anne Brignall said...

Nikki, I would LOVE a template and instructions for that gorgeous box! So cute! Also love your card. I am going to have to CASE your ribbon idea, as tying nice neat bows is beyond me! lol. Excellent projects, thanks for sharing!! (I'm LOVING this blog hop!!)

Judy May said...

Love the treat box and all those hearts Nikki. Thanks for organising the Blog Hop.

Nikki Love said...

terrific box and heart, Nikki. Oh, BTW, just love your name ;)
Terrific hop too :)

Tina G said...

Your card and box are fab. The colours are great. I'd love you to email me the template. Thanks so much.

Michelle said...

Thanks for organising the blog hop - having so much fun checking out everyone's blogs. I love the treat box - do you know where I could get the template? Beautiful :-)

Nanette said...

Love the hearts - look fantasic against the white and the glaze just sets it off. I would love the template for the box if possible. Thanks a lot

Dianne Dunk said...

Love the hearts Nikki. Everyone's work is just brilliant. Love you choice of colours and designs. Thanks so much for all you have done re this blog (and believe me, I needed all the help I could get)

Monica said...

I love what you did with the party favours box. I never thought of using it for Valentines Day. Your card is also beautiful.

Nicole Nation said...

Hi Nikki, Love the card and box looks fantastic!

liz said...

You have just reminded me that the K.I.S.S still gives a fantastic finish. Thanks for sharing Liz
www.lizlatham.blogspot.com

Sue Madex said...

Gorgeous projects. Can't go past white and red. (And love the twisted ribbon - from a fellow frustrated bow tier!)

Pam said...

I just loved the box and card. Beautiful. I would love to have the template for the box and instructions. thanks.

Tam said...

I am very excited about hopping along as you host continual "monthly" blog hops! And yes, prior to my crop-a-dile ownership, I've woken a houseful at midnight trying to set eyelets with a hammer and woodblock. :)

Pam said...

Stunning box and card. I would love the template and instructions for the box. Thanks.

Susan VanMeter said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the card & box (and desperately want the box deets!). Can't wait to hop on over to other great creations.

Gloria Kountz said...

Nice blog hop. I really like the box

Darleen Maahs said...

Good Morning from the USA West Coast!
I love your box idea and adore the hearts. Did you make the hearts shiny, they seem to have a shine on them.
I just love blog hops, I learn so much from each of the sites I visit, thank you and the group for this opportunity!
Hugs to you all,
Darleen Maahs

Leanne said...

I love the box. The white makes it look so different.

Diane Klieger said...

I am so going to try this twist with the ribbon. I like it.

Sheri L from BC, Canada said...

Very CUTE!!!! Love the glazed hearts! Smiles.