Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spotlighting a Mother's Day Card

Remember my post about Mother's Day cards for the Troops (pop over here if you missed it) ... well I've been busy making a few.  Here is one that I have made that I combined with another challenge ... the centrepiece is an Artist Trading Card I have entered into a swap with the Art With Heart Team.

IMG_4691 And here are the Trading Cards ready to be posted to the organiser Gayatri ...

IMG_4686The technique used is Spotlighting ... such a simple and effective technique ... instructions can be found here if you'd like to give it a go.  I've used Pixie Pink with Basic Black and Whisper White - great colours together don't you think?

The stamp is from Echoes of Kindness (free hostess benefit set) and the sentiment is from the Saleabration set Whimsical Words .... there's only a couple of weeks left to place a qualifying order to get this FREE set ... check out the brochure here and call me if you want to place an order.

Back in a couple of days with more creations ... and don't forget if you can make a card or two - someone somewhere serving the country would really appreciate it :o)

Blog signature
 

 



1 comment:

Kimmy Meiklejohn said...

Very pretty Nikki.. and such a lovely cause. My contribution will be in the mail shortly!! (hate to admit it but i completely forgot).