Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #9

This week'c challenge for Just Add Ink is a sketch and I thought I'd use it for a new scrapbooking page.  I have been wanting to use the new Tall Tales Designer Series for a while now ... and as there is only a few days left of the Summer Mini I thought I had better hurry up and open it!

IMG_4712
What do you think?  I love elephants and queued for a while to be able to feed them at Australia Zoo in January of this year .... I really love the Earth tones of Old Olive and Chocolate Chip, just perfect for nature photos.

IMG_4716
This is a double page layout as I wanted to use a few of the photos I had taken (I take heaps and heaps, so choosing just some is a very difficult task ;o))  .... here's page two.

IMG_4719
I've used some Twill Tape and Short Order Alphabet to create a title.  If you haven't noticed the Twill Tape it's on page 150 of the IB&C and costs $11.50 for 8.2 metres - absolute bargain I think, I love to stamp on it - it looks really effective.

IMG_4720
I've included some handwritten journalling and used Crystal Glaze for the words I wanted to stand out from the rest.  I've also used the standard brads from the Spring Mini which are still available for you to purchase.

IMG_4722
I then cut out one of the elephants and (and a crocodile of course) and added it as an embellishment -Crystal Glaze features here too .... 

IMG_4723Don't forget to date your events ... in years to come I'll never remember it was this year's holiday!

So if you love the paper or want to give the Twill Tape a whirl contact your demonstrator - and if you don't have one you can contact me!

Back in a day or so with more from the Summer Mini - remember you don't have long and it will be gone forever.

Scrapping Signature
 

      



5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Love your title stamped on the twill tape, and the brads are a great addition (from "she who can hardly make a card without adding brads"!); just bought those lovely ones myself! I like the way you've stamped and cut out the little elephant to put next to the date, too.
Christine xx

Claire Daly said...

This is just fabulous Nikki - I love it!

Jodene said...

I love your layout Nikki! And that paper is too cute :)

Danielle Daws said...

Wow - this is fabulous! I love this DSP, I'm really sad to see it go. I really love the tiny elephant down the side - a perfect touch. Thanks for playing!

Amanda said...

This layout is fantastic - I love this paper too!! I love how there is so much packed into this layout, yet it doesn't look "busy". Superb job, and thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!