Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Our Mums!

Okay for my Australian and American friends you can breath ... it's okay ... it's Mother's Day in the UK this weekend!

And to celebrate here is another Sweet Treat creation.

IMG_4558Now I have CASE'd this 'sort of' and I was hoping that by the time you read this I would have found the original owner .... but as usual I didn't write down the lady's name - if you know who you are can you me know.

I thought the idea of a butterfly underneath a magnifying glass was so brilliant I had to make one myself ... hence that call to Sue Madex to ask her to stamp the handles from the Sweet Something stamp set.

IMG_4559The butterfly is from the Butterfly Prints set and I've used the matching punch - I can't believe that I will only be demoing this for another couple of weeks - I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be back in the new Ideas Book and Catalogue in September.

I've used Upsy Daisy and Pocket Silhouettes to create the flowers and Whimsical Words for the sentiment.

The ribbon technique at the bottom is so simple .... if you check this post over at the Stamp-a-Memory site you'll find my easy instructions - have a go ... it looks really effective.

Well that's it for the Sweet Treat creations for a little while - I hope you have enjoyed them.

Happy Mother's day to my Mum and and to my mother-in-law Pauline - we all hope you are having a lovely day.

Blog signature
 




4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful card, Nikki. I must confess that I thought you were UNUSUALLY organised, given that Mother's Day isn't until next month, LOL. LOVE how you've used Upsy Daisy and Pocket Silhouettes together ... looks fantastic, my dear!

Ros Davidson said...

Kristy Brown, is the creator of the card (I too saved it to CASE also!) Looks great Nikki, did you make a spare to send to the guys in the navy???

Nikki said...

Thank you Ros - great minds think alike! You can see the original post here - I love Kirsty's site she has a great style - http://kirstyscardnscrap.wordpress.com/2009/12/06/butterfly-garden/

Sue Madex said...

Such a gorgeous card. I really love it.