Monday, March 15, 2010

SAM Challenge # 6 - What Are You Grateful For?

IMG_4678 When I saw the title of this challenge my mind starting buzzing with all the photos that I could - did I use the photos of all the lovely flowers that I am trying very hard to grow, or the beautiful sunsets, or my family or the house ... eventually I decided that I would use this photo of the children sitting on Sapphire Beach, which is near Coffs Harbour. 

IMG_4682 I picked the closest colours I had to 'extend' the colours of the water out beyond the photo.  I've torn the edges of the cardstock to create the texture and shades.

IMG_4681 I've stamped the surfboards and sign from the Just Surfing set as a simple embellishment - and included the waves on a layer of Kraft.

IMG_4683 And I've used more torn layers of cardstock to represent the sand, some twine and some Stazon White Refill ink with a sponge to just 'swish' on some colour to make the Night Of Navy cardstock look a little sand washed.

The journalling was printed directly onto the Kraft cardstock ... it reads ...

I am grateful for ....

... a cool down at Sapphire Beach in New South Wales.  Just a simple dip in the ocean (well not too far out in case of sharks!) but far enough to have fun and bask in the beautiful clear ocean waters that surround Australia - if you could see the colour of the sea where I grew up you'd really appreciate the blueness and sparkle - whether it is Safety Beach with the Petries, the Indian Ocean in Perth or the waters off Raymond Island, it glistens with a blueness that needs to be seen to be believed!


I've used the following items:

Cardstock:  Night of Navy, Kraft, Creamy Caramel, Pacific Point, Brilliant Blue, Handsome Hunter and Whisper White
Ink: Stazon white refill, Night of Navy and Creamy Caramel
Stamp Set: Just Surfing
Accessories: Twine
Tools: Sponges, Marker for journalling the date

I hope this inspires you to grab a photo or two of something you are grateful for ... and hop on over the the Stampamemory Site and enter this fortnight's challenge - there are prizes!


Scrapping Signature
 



6 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Wow Nikki - that looks fabulous. Love love love how you've used the torn cardstock to extend the photo.

Paula Dobson said...

Fantabulous! I had to look twice to realise the card stock was torn as an extension to the photo. What a great idea.

Christine Blain said...

Yes, I echo all the above sentiments! Great idea to use torn cardstock to replicate the sand and the waves - love it, Nikki. Great layout! (Nice new blog look too :) )

Tina G said...

WOW! I even showed my hubby and he was speechless to (unusal for him!).

Tanja said...

Love this layout. You are so clever with the tearing. I keep re looking at it and just love it more and more

Anne Vesco said...

I think that is one of the most original pages I have ever seen (and I look at alot of pages believe me). It really looks terrific...