Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's cold, raining and dark before dinner time, it's winter time here in Melbourne ... it's time for Christmas in July!  I love Christmas so the fact that here in Australia we get to celebrate twice, I am in heaven!  My favourite meal of the year is Christmas dinner with all the trimmings so it's another excuse to eat turkey and pigs in blankets - yum! I've been making crackers for years now; Olivia and I do it together - it is our thing!  We love shopping for little gifts that fit inside tubes and it's Olivia's job to find the naff jokes to go inside.


So tonite I am celebrating Christmas in July with my scrapbooking friends and a few girls who haven't woken up to the fact that you really can get excited about paper and ribbon, they'll wise up one day!

Here's a photo of my crackers, I've used some gift wrapping paper, some ribbon from my stash together with the Scallop punch, Curly Label punch bundle and silver embossing powder. How good do they look?

IMG_2201

They really are the easiest things to make - much better than shop bought ones.

Off to get ready for the big night - got the house to myself for a change as Paul and the kids have gone to watch Ice Age 3.

Happy Stampin

Love Nikki
x


No comments: