Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Christmas in July Take 2!

You know how much I told you I like Christmas ... well we have some very special friends ... the Petries.  We spend a lot of time with these lovely people but unfortunately at Christmas we always seem to run out of time to have a Christmas dinner together. 

IMG_2232

So last year we decided to start a new Sadler / Petrie tradition (there are quite a few of these!) and celebrate Christmas in July together. Of course, Olivia and I made the crackers - Olivia made the beautiful tags using the Lovely Letters stamp set and punches. 

My beautiful friend Tracy cooked a feast - turkey, ham, chicken and all the trimmings - it was truly a scrumptious meal.

IMG_2311

Olivia and Ash pulling crackers!

We finished off the meal with some homemade last minute Christmas puddings (which were so yummy Kieran ate two!).

IMG_2307

Tess and Kieran dancing!

There were the usual groans of 'I've eaten too much' followed by the boys watching Saints thrash the Doggies and the girls ... well we did a bit of dancing (to wear off all that dinner) and took heaps of photos.

IMG_2317   Were the crackers really that hard to pull guys?

Looking through my album, I can only find photos of the kids and Paul and Matt - hopefully Tracy has a decent shot of us girls that I can show you another day. 

Thanks Petries for a wonderful night ... long may the tradition continue.

Love Nikki

x



No comments: