Saturday, July 11, 2009

Circles for my lovely niece!

I was looking through my photos for another card to show you and found this one.  Inspired by something I found on net (but now can no longer find ... don't you hate it when that happens), I made this beautiful card for one of my nieces who celebrated her birthday last month (hello Chloe). 

I miss my nieces very much (they are the most beautiful girls and I love to hear them say 'auntie Nikki' ... my eldest niece Emma has such a beautiful way of saying it!) - they would be my perfect 'stampin partners in crime' if we lived in the same hemisphere ... perhaps my brother should be grateful that I live here so that I can't influence them too much!


So, the card .....

P6090372

Made using supplies from the Simply Scrappin Petal Party kit the recipe is as follows:

Stamp Set: Always

Card Stock: Pixie Pink, Old Olive, Whisper White

Ink: Old Olive

Patterned Paper:  Petal Party

Other: Border from Petal Party set, Circle punches 1 3/8" and 1 1/4", Scallop punch, Kaiser Kraft sparkles and rub ons from my stash

I've loved using this scrapbooking set as the papers and card stock are so bright - don't usually use stickers and borders but I have found lots of ways to use this set.

This card is easily modified for a male version which I made for for my brother-in-law who also celebrates his birthday in June:

P6090374

I used Baroque Motifs and some Old Olive card stock for this one; not sure where I got the blue card stock from but it just goes to show that the same design can be used for both male and female cards.


Hope these designs inspire you to have a go.

Happy stampin!

Love Nikki
x




1 comment:

Sue Madex said...

Love your circle cards - what a great design. Cheers, Sue