Saturday, August 25, 2012

Technique Blog Hop

Welcome to a little blog hop.  This month we are exploring different techniques and I thought I'd show you this Triple Layer Technique as it seems to be very popular at the moment.


IMG_2388
You simply take three pieces of cardstock and layer them one on top of the other - so in my case this was three pieces of Whisper White.  I decided on the sizing for the outside larger layer and then took off about 1 cm to create the next two pieces.  


I used a little bit of snail to keep each piece in place whilst I stamped.  If you centre your main image on the centre piece and work outwards it works best - and don't worry that little pieces on the outer edge of the cardstock do not take on the impression - these get covered up with the matting and do not show.  or as in my case they do show but they look like they are part of the design - I hope :)


When you've finished creating the pretty design you then matt the first two smaller pieces with the same colour cardstock as your final card (with the final card being the final mat).  In my case this was Concord Crush.


I've used Daffodil Delight, Tangarine Tango and Concord Crush inks and finished off the card with some ribbon detail.  Vanessa Webb demonstrated at Convention, her Ostrich Feather technique - great way to add extra interest to your ribbon details by adding different coloured and textured pieces.


I made this card for a dear friend of mine for her birthday - Vintage Vogue is one of my all time favourites and I'll be sad to see it retire at the end of the month.


Time to hop along to Di Dunk who is going to show us an embossing technique I believe.


Happy Hopping and I'll see you next week.


Nikki


x





8 comments:

Sue Madex said...

That looks lovely - love the touches of yellow. Reminds me that spring is in the air!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Gorgeous Nikki! I am sorry to see that stamp set retire too! Thanks for reminding us about Vanessa's ostrich feathers! I should add that to some cards!

Di Dunk said...

Lovely Nikki. This is another technique I have never tried, so will certainly be doing so this arfternoon! Thanks for sharing

Alisha Watson said...

I love this Technique, I must give it a go. The colours you have used are fantastic together Nikki. TFS

Christine H said...

Love your card, Nikki. Such an effective technique..and the colours you've chosen are beautiful together.

Tina Gillespie said...

Such a pretty card Nikki. I love the colour combination. I'm a bit sad about Vintage Vouge too.

Vicki said...

Great Card. TFS.

Ros Davidson said...

Very pretty card and I'm disappointed vintage vogue is going also.