Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crazy Chicks Wishing a Happy Birthday

IMG_2406
Its my lovely husband's birthday today.  I know this isn't the traditional 'old mans' card - I can say that without fear of retribution because he is back in Sydney again .... and we are now the same age as I am 10 months older than him .... but I loved the crazy birds design.  So bright and cheerful and I love googly eyes.


I've used the tail of the Bigz Bird Die from the last mini (which between you and me is in the new catalogue so don't stress if you didn't invest!) - and some retiring designer series paper - Big Top Birthday.


IMG_2412
Paul was home for the weekend and so we celebrated with some cup cakes made by Olivia, a Tardis pencil case from Dr Who (yes I query this present too but he loved it) and a trip to the snow.  We've also started the pizza oven fund - all Birthday and Christmas presents this year are going towards a hand built pizza oven - exciting times.  I'm thinking I should rewrite that sentence - that is of course, all Birthdays and Christmases for the grownups in the house :)


IMG_2410
Here's a close up of Liv's cakes - she's become quite the expert with the icing and is a champion baker.


Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday - Happy Birthday Sads.


Love Nikki


x



2 comments:

Christine H said...

Oh wow...those cakes look amazing. And that card is just too cute! How hard being separated for a family birthday. I think you are a very special person, Nikki, in the way you keep your family running so smoothly. xx

susannah cuckow said...

happy birthday paul.loving the yummy cakes
susannah