Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy 20th Anniversary

IMG_2116
As I was flicking though some photos I noticed some cards that I haven't shared with you yet. 


My husband and I celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary last month.  I was inspired by a Convention swap and made this very cute card with the Owl punch in Cherry Cobbler and Silver Glimmer paper.  I can't lay my hands on the name of the lady who inspired me.  I had her card sat on my desk but in my haste to tidy up for Paul's visit home; one of the joys of being married to a man in the defence  - he is so tidy and doesn't understand that to be creative I need to make a mess, (read - extend arm and sweep contents of desk into cardboard box, seal and put in cupboard - voila clean desk) - but I'll track it down.


IMG_2144
And here's my present - isn't it just beautiful.  I knew there was a reason for Paul working in the heart of Sydney, right opposite the Tiffany shop!


IMG_2118
And here is what I found - 20th annniversary presents are either china or platinium - these are handmade china cufflinks that I found from a designer in the UK - aren't they cute.  Yes I know not quite a Tiffany necklace, but hey ... after 20 years I still want him back if he gets lost so that can't be bad can it.


Happy Thursday, be back on Saturday with a little blog hop to inspire you.


Nikki


x



3 comments:

Claire Daly said...

Congratulations Nikki and paul. Love that beautiful card and the lovely gifts you gave each other. Love your cleaning method too - a bit of that definitely happens here :)

Sue Madex said...

Happy anniversary. What beautiful gifts!

Christine H said...

Gorgeous cards and gorgeous gifts, Nikki. Congratulations and may you have many, many more happy years together. xx