Friday, August 14, 2009

Special Friends

I bought myself some pastels and I am really loving them ... should have bought them ages ago.  If you ever feel that you want something of every colour to stamp with, then these are the answer.  I've only tried this technique of using a Versamark ink pad and a dauber so far, but I am impressed.  I am going to learn some new techniques so watch this space! 

I was making a scrapbooking page for a workshop next weekend and am using this technique instead of patterned paper.  Once I've glued all the bits into place I'll show you the end result in a few days and try and find the project that I used for inspiration too.

IMG_2545



I made this card for a very special friend of mine, Tracy.  We hit it off from the very first day that our daughters met at school and have remained best mates ever since (although I do have to confess that I did spend the first few months of our relationship calling her by another name - I am hopeless with names - and she is so lovely she didn't know how to tell me!).

Every so often we send each other cards and it has been a long time since I last sent her one ... our families are intertwined and it is often easily forgotten that our relationship started just six years ago.

So my lovely friend, thank you for all of your support and encouragement; and remember you really can put off some things until tomorrow ... except coming to see me!

Back soon with some scrapbooking.

Happy stampin.

Nikki

x



2 comments:

Sue said...

Love your card Nikki. Have fun with your pastels. Cheers, Sue

Christine Blain said...

This is gorgeous, Nikki. Yep, I rather enjoy my Stampin' Pastels too - this technique looks great with Upsy Daisy as well. Look forward to seeing more of your creations!