Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Sads

It's my husband's birthday today (we call him Sads for short - our surname being Sadler) - and we are very excited.  Well the kids and I are!  My husband has everything he needs (and if he doesn't he tends to buy it anyway) so it is hard to come up with a unique and exciting present for him.  This year we've bought him a dive with the sharks in Melbourne Aquarium as a present!  We thought it would be a good idea but when Paul found out his response didn't match ours!  But I am sure he will have a good time!  It's happening tomorrow so I'll be back with photographic evidence!  Lets hope that they have actually fed the sharks this week :o)

Now for his card ... well it is a cased from Marelle Taylor (who is one very clever SU lady currently enjoying an incentive trip in Noosa with all the other clever SU ladies of Australia) - loved this card when I saw it on her blog and thought it was perfect for a male card (I find male cards very hard to create ... find it difficult to steer clear of the sparkles and ribbon - although I have managed to include a brad and some hemp thread!).

IMG_2626

I am sure that Paul will love it - and the kids and I have written little messages inside.  This card is made with Party Hearty - a new set in my collection.  My daughter has already spotted the cupcake stamp ... guess we will be stamping over the weekend!

Back with more very soon.

Happy Birthday Paul xxx

Love Nikki

x



1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

Eagerly awaiting news of how the dive went!! My husband would flat-out refuse to go if we got him that present, so I sincerely hope "Sads" didn't 'pack the sads'! Happy birthday to the husband of my new funny friend!!