Monday, August 10, 2009

Making Merry Monday # 6

Another quick and easy card (Christmas cards need to be quick and easy don't they as there are usually a whole heap to make at Christmas time) .. this one is using the Curly Punch set and some paper from the I Wish Scrapbooking kit - my favourite Old Olive card stock and ribbons and a little bit of Baji Breeze and Real Red.  

I keep my off cuts in a box so that when I am needing just a little bit of 'something' to finish off a card I can use up my scraps .... love using up the scraps and turning them into something pretty!  The Merry Christmas sparkly bit was an off cut of Whisper White which was just about big enough for the stamp and punch ... makes for a very economical card!

I really love the sparkle effect when using the versamark ink pad and dazzling diamonds - so glittery!

IMG_2228

I am a very traditional girl at heart ... cards just have to be red and green, gold and silver ... but I do love the Chocolate Chip and Baji Breeze .... I could be converted this year.  

I've got a great idea for next week's card using the new Tree Trimmings stamp set from the Spring Mini ... and I am going to move outside my comfort zone and choose some rich non-traditional colours  .... now just to find the time to put ink to card stock ...

On that note I'm off ... happy stampin!

Love Nikki
x


1 comment:

Anita Meade said...

Great Christmas card Nikki.....I love the sparkly sentiment! I'm sure we can tempt you into the less traditional Christmas colours this year :) Thanks for sharing this one. Love Anita. x