Monday, April 19, 2010

SAM Challenge # 7 - ME!

The challenge .... to scrapbook five things you like about yourself ... including a photo!  Yep a photo - I don't have very many photos of me at all - I'm always taking the photos!

As always, there is a prize .... two jumbo Stampin' Around wheels of your choice - cool prize donated by Tanja.  You can use Mr Linky to enter your layout or if you don't have a blog email one of the design team and we will help you - you can make a guest appearance on my blog if you like ;o)

You will find all the challenge details HERE at the Stampamemory.

Believe it or not ... this challenge was ... well a challenge.  I can waffle on until the cows come home about everyone I know (and often do), talk to a lamp post if it will answer back even ... but tell you something personal about me ... or show you a photo of me .... ummmm that takes a bit of preparation!

I have three photos of me that I 'kinda' like (constantly on a diet you see - perhaps one day there will be a before and after picture - lol) ... the one here on my blog ... up there on the right ... the one I use as an avatar for the forums I frequent (will scrap that one day) and this one!

I asked my son Kieran if he could list five things that he loved about his mum ... being rather smart he asked why, and when I told him he said it would be cheating if he told me ... great help he was!

I then asked my best friend ... she came up with heaps of ideas (gotta love best friends).  I did ponder scrapbooking my feet ... I like my feet ... I wondered if scrapping my big toe, my little toe ... and so on ... would count ... or get me chucked off the design team!  As this was one of my New Year Resolutions (that I really didn't think I could achieve) - I took several days to come up with this layout ... the stamping was a breeze ... the journalling a little less so!  So here it is .... 

IMG_5555I am in love with the new Vintage Vogue set from the Autumn Mini - especially the clear mount version.  But first ... here's the sparkle ... I've used Crystal Effects and then sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds over the letters before it dried ... see how much it sparkles.

IMG_5557And the flowers - I've created 'centres' threading the ribbon up through one hole, knotting it and then threading it down through another hole ... or ... I have threaded both ends of the ribbon through the card and tied a simple knot.

IMG_5558 I used Real Red and the long stamp from the Vintage Vogue set to create an edge to the page ... and then overlaid that with the Basic Black, Craft White ink and the 'viney' stamp to create another border before I added the photo and the numbered chipboard journalling.

IMG_5559 All the numbers are from the On Board Timeless set ... I've used the 'waste' and cut it out with a craft knife.  I sponged Basic Black and Real Red ink onto the chipboard and then stamped the image over the top in Craft White.  These little pieces are attached to Whispter White journalling blocks, again stamped and I have written with a Real Red marker.

So what does the journalling say ... well here goes:

I love being Mum!  My two greatest achievements are Olivia and Kieran - they make me smile every day.

I like being me .. trying to be the very best I can be for myself and for everyone around me - a definite work in progress!

I love to create ... are you surprised?  I've always got a list of 'things I want to do' ... 
 if only I had more time!

I love to make others laugh and I love hearing others laugh.  I can't tell a joke to save my life but I do have a few 'blonde' moments to share.

I am a glass half full kinda girl.  I'll grab any opportunity that comes my way with a smile and encourage others to do the same!

I hope this inspires you to have a go and enter a layout - remember there are prizes!

It has been a challenge to bear my soul in this way but I am really pleased that I did it ... now my kids ... and their kids will have a record of what their mother / grandmother looked like and thought about herself at the ripe old age of 42 - did I just admit to being that old :o)

That's what I love about scrapbooking :o)

Scrapping Signature
 



4 comments:

Sue Madex said...

Love your layout Nikki. That sparkly 'ME' looks such a highlight and love the pic too.

Tina G said...

Love the bling on the title! The ribbon in th centre of the flowers looks sensational.

Claire Daly said...

Awesome layout Nikki! I love that you took this challenge. You are a wonderful person and we are so lucky to have your chirpy presence on our team forum everyday!

Christine Blain said...

Love this, N. How could I not, when it's about YOU, LOL. You sure do make us all laugh. Wish I had nice feet .. oh well! The knotted flowers look fabulous, and I love the red, white and black. Photo's pretty nice too ;)