Friday, April 30, 2010

Art with Heart Team Blog Hop - Women In Our Lives

Morning and welcome to another Art with Heart Team blog hop .... celebrating the women in our lives.  You may have arrived from the lovely Ros Davidson's blog but if you haven't, don't worry, hop on board here and you won't miss a thing.

Now firstly I have to start with an apology ... my photos are shocking ... sorry ... only realised yesterday morning that as I hadn't yet finished my project I would have to take photos in artificial light ... ooops!

Now the title Women In Our Lives .... as I am sure most of you know the most important woman in my life lives in England .. yep my Mum ... there was another ... my grandmother who sadly isn't with us anymore but I had wanted to scrapbook a photo I know I have of all of us (mum, granny, Olivia and I) but do you think I could find it ... nope but I will ... and so that will have to wait for another day.

Other women in my life include all my friends, and I am lucky enough to have girlfriends scattered across the globe.  I decided it was too hard to choose just one group so I chose a favourite past time instead.  Lots and lots of my friends are avid readers ... in fact I belong to a book club and we meet once a month.  So here's what I have made ... 


IMG_5625
This is the book I am half way through ... and yes book club ladies I know I am supposed to have finished it over a month ago but .... I've been busy scrapbooking and card making :o)  Do you see what I am using to save my page?  Yes a lovely bookmark.


IMG_5618
And here it is in close up on another favourite 'book' of mine ... the latest mini catalogue (yes yes I know I am obsessed)!

These are so easy to make, quick and very cute.  I am planning on sending all of my girlfriends one of these - it might take me a while to complete this task but I know everyone will love them.  

I've used Fifth Avenue Floral, a recent addition to my collection to create the centre piece.  Card stock colours are More Mustard and Chocolate Chip.  If you would like the pattern leave me a comment and I will email one to you.

And here's a picture of this month's blog candy ... a pair of bookmarks to either keep for yourself or to pass on to another as a gift.


IMG_5626
So how do you win this candy?  Continue through the hop and leave a comment on everyone's blog and then email me and let me know.  All the names go into a hat and a lucky winner will be drawn.  It's that easy!

So you had better hop along to the next stop Tanya Westwood.  Tanya is a star scrapbooker and the host of the Stampamemory site ... if you love scrapbooking bookmark this site - you won't be disappointed.

Off you hop and don't forget to comment and enter our blog candy prize draw.


Blog signature
 



24 comments:

Kathryn Ruddick said...

What a nice idea Nikki, and good to see someone using the OTHER flower from Fifth Avenue Floral!

Christine Blain said...

Great little project, Nikki (yes, I'd like the pattern please .. do I need to email you for that??!!). I've used this flower on one of the cards we'll be making at my Mother's Day card class tomorrow - LOVE it. I stamp this flower more than the rose; great minds think alike, don't they, my friend?!

Tina G said...

There's another flower in Fifth Avenue Floral??? LOL! Your bookmarks are fab!

Sue Madex said...

What a fabulous bookmark. Might need to make myself one of those - the librarian at Hannah's school told me (via her) off for folding down a corner of a fairy novel so gotta stash up on those book marks!

Gayatri said...

Cute bookmarks, Nikki! loove them especially the little tag on the top. Very cute.

Ros Davidson said...

Cute bookmarks, and what a lovely idea for a gift if you are giving someone a book etc.

Kristine Thompson said...

This is a fantastic idea Nikki. And I love those colours you have used. Must get the details of you also.

Christine Tuff said...

Hi Nikki, I absolutely love the bookmarks! Can you please email me the pattern! Thanks heaps! Love the colour combo too!

Judy May said...

Fabulous idea Nikki and much kinder on books. Would love the pattern.

Claire Daly said...

Love these Nikki - and you keep reminding me I MUST read that book! I'd love the pattern too please :) Love your different colour combo too - great job! So proud to have you on the Art with Heart team!

Nicole Rouillon said...

Lovely bookmarks Nikki!! Such a great idea. Will pop my hand up for the pattern please for sure!

Nanette Smith said...

Great idea Nikki - would love the pattern too please!

Alisha Watson said...

That is so cool Nikki!! thanks for sharing your book marks they are great

Di Dunk said...

That is so good Nikki - and different - and usable! What a good idea. Would love the pattern some time too please.

lisa c said...

What a fabulous project. I am through this fabulous book too. It is a great read.

Tanja Westwood said...

Love the book mark idea..I am always looking for one and this is just perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome idea

Sam Wilson said...

Hi Nikki, great bookmarks, would love to know how you made them.... Email me. ianandsam@hotmail.com. Thank you for sharing

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Wow this is a different bookmark, what a wonderful design you have created.

carol kirby said...

Wow, what a great idea, I would love the instructions for them. Please. You can email me at darren.k1@bigpond.com. Thanks for sharing.

Kim Colborne said...

Cute idea! what a lovely mothersday gift for the avid reader!

Shirley said...

This bookmark is so cute!! I would love the pattern to make some for
my sister for Mother's Day. My email is trendygal55@comcast.net.
Thank you for sharing.

sharna said...

Hi Nikki, wow i love the bookmark, as i am too an avid reader i might make myself one, this is so wow i simply love this, can i too please have the pattern casrussell@xtra.co.nz

Anne-Marie Stephanides said...

Fantastic idea Nikki! I often read in bed at night so when my eyes are drooping its hard to remember to mark the page without folding it down (which I hate doing!) having something so beautiful to mark it would be ideal! Sounds like I'm not the only one! astephanides@hotmail.com

Crystal said...

Very cute! And I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo right now too!!