Wednesday, April 7, 2010

ESAD Team Blog Hop

Yes another hop ... isn't this exciting!  See what happens with a new Mini is released :o)  If you are already hopping you will have arrived from Nicole Darendorf's blog.





IMG_5113Now this hop is part of the ESAD team.   If this is the first time you have visited my little piece of cyberspace, welcome.  For those of you new to the art of blog hopping, you might be wondering what  this is all about.  Well some members of ESAD (Extremely Special Aussie and New Zealand Demonstrators) have got together and we have all posted a NEW Autumn/Winter Mini idea you this morning. We have linked our posts together so all you need to do is grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the ride .... I think you'll be inspired!

IMG_5118 I've used a 12 x 12 piece of Elegant Eggplant (now available as a single colour pack of cardstock) and the Vintage Vogue Wheel.  Firstly I used a Versamark pad to ink up the wheel and I ran it all over the cardstock, I then inserted a black cartridge and ran over the edges of the cardstock to darken the edge.  The edges have also been sponged with Chocolate Chip Ink.

IMG_5120 The vintage photo has been matted onto Soft Suede and I have used a piece of the new Designer Series Paper, Autumn Traditions to centre the page.  I've sponged the edge of the photo with Choclate Chip to add to the 'vintage-ness' - this isn't the original photo its a copy - I definitely wouldn't do that if I owned the orignal!  When I bought this paper I imagined I would be using the more vibrant pieces ... but I love how the Soft Suede and Always Artichoke colours work so well with vintage scrapbooking.

IMG_5114 The ribbons are the new Polka-Dot Grosgrain ribbons in the mini, the ribbons are double sided so you get to choose whether to use the dots or not .... and then I have laid a piece of Elegant Eggplant grosgrain over the top using the Sticky Strip and gathering it up on the left hand side.  I added a little hand torn flower too, scrunched up and then flattened, and the edges have been sponged again with Chocolate Chip. The centre is a eyelet which I set with the Crop-o-Dile - and then I've inserted a little vintage brad to complete the middle of the flower.

IMG_5117 I printed the title on the computer but added in some hand journalling too .... printed or written onto Soft Suede and then layered onto some more Soft Suede that I have ran the Vintage Vogue wheel over in black ... once I started wheeling I couldn't stop - this wheel is so beautiful and I cant wait to demo it at my next workshop.

IMG_5116 Everything has been sponged for the aged vintage look - I love this page.

So all that's left for me to tell you is who ESAD are and how can you join?  It's for all Australian and New Zealand demonstrators of all levels. Click here to join and receive the help and encouragement you need in your business from both new and experienced demonstrators.  I've been a member for a couple of months now and I receive the daily digest of information that keeps me up to date with my business in a jiffy - it's worth joining.

There's blog candy as usual, leave a message on each and every blog in this hop and then email Leonie and let her know.  

Hop on your way to Nikki Stalker's blog for another inspiring idea.

Thanks for visiting - I hope you come back again very soon.

Scrapping Signature
 



26 comments:

Melissa Barkwith said...

The Eggplant background on your page looks great with the Vintage wheel.

Mae Collins said...

This Vintage Vogue set really lends itself to heritage scrapbook pages. TFS

Sarah said...

I love the way you have done the background page. Such a great idea!

Sonia said...

Thanks for the instructions on how to create a simply stunning page.
TFS
Sonia

Karen G said...

I just love the old photograph!! I am also a fan of Elegant Eggplant so I love this page you have created.
Karen G.

Julie Putland said...

I love what you've done with the page. Thanks for sharing your creations with us.

Teresa Leggo said...

very elegant, great work, thanks for sharing

Christine Blain said...

Nikki, you have outdone yourself! This is absolutely beautiful, my friend. The rich colours are stunning, and I LOVE all the sponging!! Gorgeous. Just like you :)

Tara - Cassalily Handcrafted Hair Accessories said...

Nice work, well done.

Jenny E said...

very nice vintage l/o

Charmaine Black said...

Hi Nikki, this is such a lovely project and one I'm sure you're family will always cherish. Lots of inky hugs from Charmaine :-)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh! I am now officially gob-smacked! I know ... that is not a very "lady-like" word ... but it is the perfect description! I just want to look at this page over and over. And ... I keep wondering ... why didn't I get this "eye" for detail and colour??? :( Is jealousy a sin??? Thanks for the wonderful tutorial Nikki! Hugs, Andrea xxx

Donna Zammit said...

Nikki, this page is absolutely stunning. I did not order the wheel, (I keep asking myself WHY!?) I, love the elegant eggplant it really does make your page very elegant. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Donna Zammit

mum said...

my dad would love seeing himself on your internet site nik. the colours are very well thought out to complement a photo that is 87 years old.
love from mum xx

Carol Kirby said...

How fantastic, its absolutley amazing. Thank you for inspiring me.
Carol Kirby

Rachel Hazell said...

simple and elegant - love it - thank you

clare mcilhatton said...

what a beautiful layout and very stylish product use-thanks

Genelle Little said...

Love these colours together, Nikki! Just beautiful.

Yvonne Walker said...

I love what you have done here. Very elegant.

lisa crofts said...

Beautiful a one of kind original page. I love the look of the ribbon feature.

sharna said...

hi, how beautiful, this piece of work is something to be proud of

Diana said...

Ohh whata wonderful piece of history!

Tanja S said...

This page is great, so original, I didn't even recognise the SU materials!

Nanette said...

Lovely page - just beautiful!

Kristine Thompson said...

That is just a stunning layout Nikki. I just adore the colours that you have used. Well done spunky x

Becky said...

Gorgeous card