Friday, April 23, 2010

ESAD Mother's Day Hop

Oh yes another Hop - I love Blog Hops!

You will have just arrived from Debbie William's blog, but if you haven't and you are starting here ... don't worry ... hops are a circle ... you can hop on and off where you choose.  Now if you'd like to win some blog candy all you need to do is to leave a comment on all the blogs in the hop (16 in total) and then email the organiser Sharlene Torres and let her know that's what you have done - so simple!

Mother's Day for me happens in March (three weeks before Easter) .... being an English chick that's just what happens ... but ... being an Aussie chick too (thank goodness you can't hear me speak - lol), Mum did say that she'd quite like having two Mother's Days so perhaps Mother's Day in May will become more normal for me I think.

Having just achieved a recent promotion, I was able to get the Big Shot for FREE - yes FREE - excited is an understatement. 

IMG_5588I've used the Top Cut die to make a little bag.  I used this last night as a prize for a workshop - the ladies loved it.  It is so simple to make.  

IMG_5590Then I have cut two Top Notes (at the same time) and ran the Very Vintage wheel over them in Soft Suede.  A little Melon Mambo Vintage Vogue flower with a little centre in Soft Suede and a brad, the little bag was almost complete.

I used the Hostess Level 1 set, Best Yet to create a tag, punched with the large oval, scallop oval and wide oval, this is a quick and easy way to add a sentiment.  I've attached it to the Melon Mambo Polka Dot ribbon handles with a little piece of Linen Thread ... finished off with a little bit of sponging with the Soft Suede ink .. perfect.  Here's a little sketch to show you the dimensions for making the little box inside ...

IMG_5595
I love being a demo ... not only do we get a generous discount we also receive great incentives ... and you can became a member of ESAD - it's for all Australian and New Zealand demonstrators of all levels. Click here to join and receive the help and encouragement you need in your business from both new and experienced demonstrators. And if you want to join Team Inky ... click here to find out more.

Right time to hop onto Melissa Barkwith's blog for more inspiration - enjoy your day.

Blog signature
 




21 comments:

Gardenia said...

WAY TO GO getting your bigshot for free. Your creation is just gorgeous, and two Mothers day, every mother deserves that. :)

Tina G said...

Your box is fabulous!

Leonie Schroder said...

what a great tote or gift bag! That top note is going to get a workout in the homes of Australia & NZ!!!!

Sonia G said...

How very nice! I love the Top Note die. Was on my wish list as soon as I saw it in the mini catty.
Thanks for sharing
Sonia

Lisa Martin said...

What a lovely idea! TFS!

KIA said...

What a lovely top note bag :) Brimg on the 2 mOthers day's LOl!

Mel said...

Great box, the topnote is such an amazingly versatile shape

sharna said...

hi, i am loving this roller in the new mini, it is on my top wanted list, i love the little bag you created. your creations are wonderful

Sue Holland said...

What a great idea, just lovely

Nicki Turner said...

LOVELY!!!! I really like how you've put the top note on it's 'side' Thanks for sharing the pattern too :)

Donna Zammit said...

Nikki, the top note bag is fantasmagorical!!! I love it. TFS the instructions. How fabo, some eye candy and a tutorial, plus a pattern. You are amazing. Have a great long weekend. Cheers Donna Zammit

Diana said...

Gorgeous box - thanks for including the instructions template!

Juliette Chapman said...

Another perfect way to use the top note. TFS!

Jenny said...

Love the box is so cute and thanks for the instructions.

Liz Halbisch said...

I love your Top Note Bag!! So many fantastic ideas on this blog hop - I'll have to thank my Mum for looking after the kids so I could do it!

Jane Norrish said...

Great project, love the colours.

Tanja S said...

I love these colours too - well done!

Angie Brown said...

Stunning colours Nikki, very classy project :) Thank you for sharing

Joanne said...

What beautiful creations - I could be so lucky to receive something like this!Thanks for all your wonderful creations and making me jealous!

Mary Kelly said...

Lovely projects again Nikki. Congratulations on getting your bigshot as a prize.
Mary

Allison Brudenell said...

Woo hoo for fress stuff and woo hoo for putting it to good use! Thanks for the inspiration :D