Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Summer Mini Blog Hop and Blog Candy!

Now this is exciting .... my first blog hop!  You can join in at any point ... just hop aboard and off we go!  

If this is your first time to my site, welcome ... hope you find some inspiration and come back often.

Yes it's official ... there is a new Summer Mini and it is full of beautiful things - click on the image for a look-see or contact me to receive a free copy in the post.

AUNZ_Summer09

Well what's a blog hop?  Some members of ESAD (Extremely Special Aussie and New Zealand Demonstrators) have got together and we have all posted a NEW Summer Mini idea for you this morning. We have linked our posts together so all you need to do is grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the ride .... it's going to be fun.

So who are ESAD and how can you join?  It's for all Australian and New Zealand demonstrators of all levels. Click here to join and receive the help and encouragement you need in your business from both new and experienced demonstrators.  I've only been a member for a month or so and I receive the daily digest of information that keeps me up to date with my business in a jiffy.  

And here's my blog hop entry ...

IMG_3647
Introducing the new Butterfly Punch and Butterfly Prints stamp set - a Summer Mini special!  When I saw these in the new catalogue I was immediately reminded of some photos that are long overdue the scrapbook treatment ... in fact they had been sat on half finished pages for five years ... oh how bad is that!

So after carefully retrieving the photos, I made a new page - these photos were taken in 2004 when our son was six - even at this lovely age he was a determined little lad.  When Kieran puts his mind to it ... the results are amazing ... it is one of his great strengths. 

Just take a look at those flushed cheeks - during the many visits to the zoo I have photos of all of us with the butterflies - except for Kieran - they never stayed long enough for me to take a photo ... Paul was away at the time and when I asked the kids what they wanted to do at the weekend Kieran said 'I want a photo with the butterflies at the zoo' - so off we went.

The wording reads:

After many visits to the Butterfly House at Melbourne Zoo we finally managed to photograph some butterflies which had landed on Kieran.  He stood still for nearly half an hour in the hot house when finally two of the scruffiest butterflies landed on his arm.  He didn't mind - he was chuffed to bits.  Olivia and I called him Butterfly Boy for the rest of the day!

 IMG_3651
The new punch makes it very easy to produce heaps of butterflies - perhaps I have gotten a bit carried away - what do you think?  

Now if I had an alphabet stamp set I would have included the title Butterfly Boy ... but alas the only set I have is a little too girlie for KP - so untitled it must remain ... however I really love the stamp that comes with the set ... it reads 'Love is like a butterfly - it goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes' - how very true.

Materials list:

Stamps: Butterfly Prints

Cardstock: Really Rust, Summer Sun and Very Vanilla

Ink: Really Rust, Summer Sun, Versamark and Basic Black

Punches: Butterfly Punch and Large Oval

Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig - to line up the butterfly body bits!

Other: Black Writer

Now did someone mention Blog Candy?  We sure did ... if you visit and post a comment on all the blogs linked in the Blog Hop, you go into the draw to win some Candy ... crafty candy of course; the sort that is 100% fat free :o)  Don't forget you need to comment on all of the 30 blogs in the hop  to qualify for a place in the draw.

So leave a comment here and then blog hop along to another Nikki ... Nikki Stalker - one very talented demonstrator in New South Wales.

And don't forget to come back again soon for more projects from the new Summer Mini.

Blog signature
 





58 comments:

Lynda S said...

Love all these b'flies. Not a s'booker but definitely appreciate those who do. Beautiful page!!

carol marbach said...

cute page.

Louise Sutton said...

Love this set and matching punch, and I love what you have done with it!

Madonna said...

Great layout and that journalling is fantastic!

Kym Byrne said...

Thanks heaps. Love the butterfly prints stamp set and the punch.
Kym Byrne

Leonie Schroder said...

love those butterflies and the story! Thanks for participating in the first ESAD Blog Hop

Jenny Hayward said...

Isn't it great to have a punch for those butterflies! Cute page! Thanks for sharing.
Jenny H.

Robin Merriman said...

Great page and I LOVE the butterfly stamps - sure hope we get them here in the states!

Sonia G said...

I love this set! And your page is stunning! Good to see that you haven't let gender barriers hold you back. You have done this set justice. Well done!

Shaz Meara said...

Great to see a scrappin page! Love what you have done here, and the butterflies look great.
Hugz
Shaz :)

Deena Dobinson said...

Love your layout Nikki .. what a cute story!! I love that proud look on your son's face at his success in having two butterflies land on him! Oh, yes, I also love that set and co-ordinating punch. TFS

Sue Madex said...

Gorgeous Nikki! What a fun blog hop. I should have packed a lunchbox - it was quite a trip. Now I'm just busting to go play with Summer Mini goodies! Love your layout. Cheers, Sue

sandie carter said...

Beautiful layout - just love those butterflies!!

Bev Mantle said...

Love this page Nikki...tfs

Tracy Clarke said...

Hi Nikki, Love the butterfly page and story, Yes I am also quite a fan of this punch, just so easy to create when it does all the cutting out. Hugs, Tracy x

Charmaine Black said...

Gorgeous page Nikki, who doesn't love those cute little butterflies! Well done and thanks for sharing, lots of inky hugs from Charmaine :-)

Shirley McAvoy said...

So many beautiful butterflies to fall in love with. Thanks for sharing

Vanessa Garrahy said...

What a lovely page
i just love the butterfly punch

Keegan Rigby said...

I love the punch! Nice layout, very cute!

Julie Putland said...

I lopve the butterflies. Will have to get the punch. Thanks for sharing.

Lyanna said...

Gorgeous layout - love the butterflies.

Liz said...

Love that we have another Stamp set with matching Punch!

Susan Joyce said...

I love the new butterfly stamps and the punch makes is so easy to cut them out.

Tina said...

No Such thing as too many butterflies! Love the layout.

Karen Sullivan said...

Cute layout. Thank you for sharing your artwork.

Linda Fitzgerald said...

Very nice layout and lovely photos of the boy. Thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

I love the way you've given the 3d butterflies a contrasting background - so creative! Thanks for sharing!

Yvonne Walker said...

I love the butterflies, this is on my MUST get list.

Louise said...

I love how you have popped the butterflies up with the colour behind them, and great colours for a boy scrapbook page!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Great Scrapbooking page and no I dont think you went "overboard" on the butterflies - it is perfect!
Cynthia Ferenz
Fredericksburg, VA
www.stampindragon@verizon.net
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Sally said...

I just love butterflies, dont you?
Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Sarah S said...

I love the butterflies--lovely layout & great colours altogether. looks like a great day out

Teresa Leggo said...

Love this scrapbook page, love the colours.

Diana said...

Okay my wish list form the new mini catalogue is getting longer.............i love that punch!

Mel said...

Great way to sneak butterflies onto a boy's page!!

Kim Conway said...

Love the butterflies...has to be my favourite stamp set. You have done a gorgeous job.

Chantell Randall said...

Hey great colours....I think this Butterfly Punch is going to be very very popular. Chantell

Annette said...

Nikki, those butterflies almost look like they could fly away they are so real.
Annette

Lisa K said...

Gorgeous layout Nikki. You have inspired me to scrap my butterfly photos LOL!

Karen Lea said...

It's a beautiful butterfly page! What a patient boy Kieren is too!

Wildflower said...

I want to get this set and you have just confirmed why!! Well done.

Mae Collins said...

Love how you have made the butterflies 3-dimensional on your page and it is always great to have something that inspires us to complete unfinished scrapbook pages! TFS

Andrea said...

love your butterflies. you can never have too many.

Jill said...

Wonderful photo and a great layout to show case it .Well done.

Sherry said...

Can't wait to get the butterfly punch.

Lisa Huff said...

Love your choice of colours & new stamp & punch set on your butterfly layout

Kathryn Forster said...

I love butterflies!! Lovely page and story.

Robyn said...

Hi Nikki! Great to be finding so many new blogs on this hop! Your cute butterflies are just right for this page! I recently had my first visit to a butterfly house when we were on holiday in New Zealand. It was fascinating and I can well relate to the expression on your son's face. It's a great photo and your page is lovely!

becky manning said...

im ordering this butterfy stamp set and punch now, this has inspired me!

Alishia Gaff said...

Great Layout!

Fiona Harvey said...

I'm tempted with the butterfly punch! Flight of the Butterfly is on my Wish List!

Rebecca said...

Lovely page well done!

Jacqueline Tennant said...

Well I was obviously a touch to quick to dismiss these stamps when I looked at them - thank you for the inspiration.

Claudette said...

Love the scrapbook page!! What a great remembrance of a special day!!
Keep having fun at your craft...you do such a nice job!! : )

Tui said...

What a beautiful scrapping page - the layout, colours and of course the butterflies are just awesome. Well done!!!

Jeannie said...

Such a clever page, really had to look hard to see how you did the butterflies - very clever
Hugs Jeannie

jobee said...

gorgeous LO. I love the bright colours. Thanks for the inspuration.

Jobee said...

gorgeous LO.. Ilovely and bright.
THanks for the inspiration