Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Three Little Owls

IMG_7004
Just how cute is the new Two Step Owl punch?  It was the first thing I ordered from the new catalogue :)


I punched out three different colours of cardstock, Riding Hood Red, Cake Crumb and Early Espresso and one set from a scrap of the Love Letters designer series paper.


This gave me enough pieces to create three happy chappies - and a few branches from the Two Step Bird punch and hey presto they had something to sit on.


The sentiment is from the Perfect Punches stamp set - I used a Riding Hood Red marker to colour just the words in and the Stamp-a-ma-gig to line it up.  Of course a Top Note Die Cut is the perfect way to frame the owls - a little bit of daubing and a lovely piece of Early Espresso taffeta ribbon and the card was finished in no time.


I think this little owl will feature a lot this year ... I've seen some lovely ideas to create other things with the same punch - watch this space for more ideas.


Blog signature



3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Oh, very cute! I love your idea of using that sentiment without the oval around it; very clever. The owls look great in these colours. Still haven't cut into my luscious "Love Letter" papers yet!

Sue B said...

Love the colours such a great card, I will definitely have to get this punch

Kathryn Ruddick said...

These owls are great Nikki, love the colours and papers you've chosen - will definitely be casing this one, thanks!!