Saturday, September 18, 2010

ESAD Blog Hop

I know I have been away from blogging for a week or two but other things have taken over my life again.  So I thought I'd give my blog a spring clean, bring in some flowers and summery colours and rectify my absence by  starting with a hop; an ESAD Big Shot Hop! 


If you've hopped over from Jan McAnulty's blog welcome ... and if you haven't don't worry, start here because blog hops are a circle and you can hop on and hop off wherever you wish.


IMG_6947
From the alphas to the embossing folders to the Top Note die - I am in love with my Bertie Big Shot :)


IMG_6951Here's a close up of the new Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder - I embossed this Chocolate Chip piece of cardstock as a whole piece .... to do this trim an A4 piece of cardstock to the same width and double the length of the folder.  Then run the cardstock and embossing folder through the Big Shot twice, once from one end and then turn it round and emboss the other half - therefore embossing both ends of the cardstock.  


The Top Note die is a brilliant shape to use as a journalling panel.


IMG_6948
Now, if I could find the details of whose who in this photo I would have journalled this so that you could see - what I do know is that the lady is my great grandmother and the gentlemen are my grandfather and his brothers - isn't it just lovely to have photos like this.


IMG_6952The colours I have used are Chocolate Chip, More Mustard and Basic Black together with a sheet of the new designer series paper Newsprint.  I screwed this lovely piece of paper into a ball and then smoothed it out again .... and used a sponge with some Chocolate Chip ink to age it a little. 




Now before I let you hop off to the next blog .... I'd really like to tell you about ESAD.  ESAD stands for Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators and it is an online group just for Australian and New Zealand demonstrators for Stampin’ Up!




We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors but we share our love for what we do with each other as Demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know how and cyberstamps and we are always there to help and support each other when its needed.  So if you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.


 


Do you want to win prizes?  If you leave a comment on every blog in this hop, you will go in the draw for some blog candy (items or products donated the participating demonstrators!) . To be in the running, just email Leonie at when you have visited and commented on every blog so that she can put you in the draw (customers only please).


 


Okay time to hop along .... off to the wonder world of Angela Purdie - have a great time.


Blog signature
 


 





18 comments:

Diana said...

What a great scrapbook page. Thanks for sharing.

Ariaella said...

Lovely!
Thanks for sharing :D

Tina G said...

Love the new look blog Nikki! And your page is fabulous too - the newsprint DSP looks great with the old photo.

Monique said...

lovley scrapbook page, nice use of the Top Note for the journal block.

Bron Heslop said...

Nikki, I love your page. I love that you've used More Mustard (I have to use it more!). And your flowers and leaves, and choice of DSP, are all perfect. Love it.

Sherylee said...

Great scrapbook page! Very nice details.

Christine Blain said...

Ooh, your new-look blog is very fresh, my friend - love it! The colours you've used in this layout are fantastic. Looks great!

Tanja Souter said...

Nice page, I love the shiny letters too.

Bev Watt said...

your heritage page looks fantastic Nikki, the colours are perfect

Shirley McAvoy said...

Nikki, goregous detailing on your projects. And I love how you've nicknamed your big shot!

Marisol Gutierrez said...

Great Job Nikki...Looking forward to seeing your artwork for the RBT.
Marisol Gutierrez

Kris Kilkenny said...

Wonderful page. It fits nicely with the family photo. I really love your layout and how you tilted the photo a little. The top note accent and vintage wallpaper are nice touches too.

Melinda said...

Great page. Heritage but without te dark old look. Thank you so much for sharing.

Michelle F said...

Thanks for sharing. Love old photos!

Sharna R. said...

Hi, Thanks for sharing i love this scrapbook page

mum said...

from the left,ernest,harold,grandad elenor jane
love from mum xx

Vicki said...

Great scrapbook page thanks for sharing

Bev Boyle said...

Just love your scrapbook page its given me inspiration to start scrapping again.