Monday, September 6, 2010

SAM Creative Challenge

After a very long break we are back ... and thank goodness we are, because I haven't scrapbooked for ages :)  This month's challenge is a sketch - check out all the details here at the Stampamemory site  ... and here's my take on it ... 


IMG_6905
The beginning of the new catalogue has left me feeling like my wings have been clipped - with so few colours and only two packs of Designer Series Paper I struggled to put this page together.  Roll on my first order arriving - I've included all the new colours and some new pattern papers :)

Baja Breeze is now part of the permanent colour range and I love the new Greenhouse Gala papers .... such beautiful colours and I can't wait to see the Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz colours in real life.


IMG_6904
When I was looking through my photos I couldn't believe that Marmalade hadn't been scrapped before. Olivia made her fat ginger striped cat in Braehead, a large shopping centre outside of Glasgow.  I was food shopping with Kieran who was a baby at the time and Paul and Olivia went to The Bear Factory and came out with Marmalade. I can still remember her running up to me with a cardboard box, Marmalade's head sticking out one side and his tail outside the other .... he has been attached to Olivia's side ever since ... he was over-stuffed and kitted out in a pair of blue and cream PJ's, I know that he will be moving into her first home with her .... he is one very loved ginger and cream cat.  He even has his own birth certificate and passport :)

When Olivia was very little, she used to squeal with delight because Marmalade could 'talk' to me ... he'd tell me all sorts of things .... like it was bath time or that Olivia needed to go to bed because it was way past her bedtime .... he is one very special cat.  I've managed to wash the PJ's a few times but I have never been brave enough to actually wash the cat :)

Hope that you can join in our sketch challenge- if nothing else taking part in these challenges ensures you create at least one page per month ... that's twelve a year .... and if you are like me and need a deadline to create then the new monthly SAM challenge will come in handy.

Looking forward to seeing all of your creations.


Scrapping Signature
 



5 comments:

Sue B said...

What a beautiful page Nikki the cut out flowers look fantastic. Can't wait for all the new things to arrive myself

Christine Blain said...

I love the colours and the papers in, but most of all the story behind, this layout Nikki. Really beautiful!

Tina G said...

Fantastic layout Nikki! You've done well with the limited supplies you have. And such a wonderful story. I still have the teddy I was given as a newborn. He was very loved - and still is 35 years later!

Kristine Thompson said...

This is beautiful Nikki. I love those colours. And Congrats for achieving blog find of the day xox

Di Gill said...

Nikki, this is so beautiful. I love everything about it :-)