Saturday, September 25, 2010

New Catalogue Blog Hop

With the launch of the new catalogue, a group of us have decided to arrange a blog hop - we know how much everyone enjoys them .... this one is a simple hop around 10 blogs ... if you've just arrived from Ros Davidson's blog you know all about it; but if you have just arrived here, hop on board ... and get inspired.


IMG_6983
With October almost here my attention is turning to Christmas cards.  I've used the new Cherry Cobbler cardstock (isn't it just the most perfect Christmas red) and Jolly Holiday designer series paper to create a side step card.


IMG_6985
This was quite easy to make - although this sample doesn't fit into the usual sized envelope ... have to make another one that fits :)


IMG_6986
I've used the Punch Pals stamp set and stamped and coloured the little snowman, pressies, penquin and Christmas tree .... colouring them in with the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive markers .... I wanted to them to look sketched.


IMG_6988
And here's one of my favourite new products .... taffeta ribbon - it is so yummy and luxurious ... okay so you think I am mad falling in love with ribbon ... I know, I know I need help.


The little sentiments are from the Tiny Tags for word Merry and the Punch Pals for the Happy Holidays and there are a few little self adhesive sparkles there too - yes Stampin' Up! have finally included bling and pearls to their list of accessories :)


Hope this has inspired you to make a start on your Christmas cards.  It is now time to hop along to see Christine Blain and her marvellous creations.


 


 



9 comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

This is a lovely fun card!! I too love the new cherry colour!! Thanks for sharing and having a hop... off to the next one!
Smiles Sharnee :0)

Alisha Watson said...

Nikki, another one of yor wonderful creations ..wow. I am going to have to make this one for chrissy this year :-)

Tina G said...

Great card Nikki - the colouring looks fantastic and I think you did a great job of making it look 'sketchy'.

Christine Blain said...

Gorgeous card, Nik! Love how you've tied that beautiful ribbon around the side panel (and there is nothing wrong with getting excited about ribbon, LOL). The paper is gorgeous, and love the sparkles and little tag. Great job, my friend.

Sue Madex said...

I love this card Nikki. Such great Christmassy colours and love that cute snowman. Always nice to see different shaped cards too!

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Love that new designer series paper, and love that card, thanks Nikki for sharing and love your new blog design.

Ros Davidson said...

Great Christmas card Nikki. Is it being sent back home for the wintery Christmas?

Di Dunk said...

OMG I can't believe the quality of the work in this blog hop. Beautiful Nikki. Well done I love it.

Chris Henderson said...

Nikki that is a gorgeous card. You've inspired me to try and make one of these. Love the colours you have chosen too...perfect for Christmas!