Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop!

Welcome to another blog hop - a group of us are here to showcase the lovely Sale-a-Bration goodies for 2012.  Have you picked your favourite yet?


IMG_1143No surprises really, a scrapbooking page and the lovely Everyday Enchantment papers!  I found a lovely old photo of Paul's parents on the day they were married.


IMG_1148Its just the best photo isn't it.  We are not sure who is who in the photo or if the year 1958 is correct (hence the reason it looks crooked as it is not actually attached to the page just yet!), but I'll be sure to check with my mother-in-law when I call her for a chat.


IMG_1146I created the top note die accent by using offcuts from other projects.  I placed all the pieces onto the cut out and then ran the whole lot through the Big Shot with the lattice folder - smooshed everything together.  I've also used the Triple Layer Punch - Blossom Bouquet to create three little flowers.  The centres are brads from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbons and Brad pack - another Sale-a-Bration freebie.


IMG_1147The leaves have been cut using the Two Step Bird punch too.


IMG_1145The Lace Ribbon Border has been threaded with the ribbons from the Everyday Enchantment ribbon and brad pack - and little pearls added to the centres.  The ribbons are so cute - and very easy to tie into bows.


I was thinking this page was a little sparce but I've decided that I really like it.  The lovely bright colours of the papers work well with the Basic Black cardstock and black and white photo.


Time to hop along to see what Christine Blain has to show you - she is one very clever lady so it is sure to be worth the visit.


Thanks for visiting and pop back soon - I've been scrapbooking this week and I've a few pages to share.


Happy Saturday


Nikki


x



10 comments:

Christine Blain said...

You've showcased the gorgeous papers beautifully, Nikki. Love the little flowers, and the lace border punched strip. This is a lovely layout, and such a happy photo - great job.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love the layout Nikki! I was just about to comment about how clean your page looked when I re-read your sparce comment - I think it's gorgeous just as it is.

Sue Madex said...

Gorgeous layered layout. Love the detail on the top note shape. Beautiful.

Tina Gillespie said...

It's a stunning layout Nikki! I love all the white space, it really draws your eye to the photo. And the embellishments are just perfect.

Alisha Watson said...

Lovely layout Nikki, I love that DSP and love how it makes the photo just pop.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

My first thought when I opened your blog was, WOW I love all that "white" space. The photo is gorgeous and I adore how you have treated it with just a few bright cheeful embellishments - it's a really special layout!

Di Dunk said...

Love it Nikki. Love what you have done with the Top Note. What a special photo. Hope you get the history of it.

Chris H said...

The contrast of the colours against the black and white photo is a master stroke! It enhances the photo beautifully. Love all the little touches of ribbon, pearls etc. That truly is a 'white wedding'! xx

Mary Kelly said...

That's a really great page Nikki - love the photo too, especially the shoes !! and that would surely have to be the bride's mother at the front right hand side.
Mary

Nikki Spencer said...

Nikki, this is such a beautiful layout, just perfect as it is, the colours you have teamed with the black & white photo look stunning.