Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

IMG_1011
Happy Valentine's day everyone - I hope you are having a lovely day.


I have to confess that I am not 'big' on the whole Valentine's day thing but it does give me an opportunity to make a card for my lovely husband.


I've used the Sale-a-Bration DSP Everyday Enchantment and punched hearts using the Heart to Heart and Small Heart punches (I keep meaning to buy the Full Heart punch - I often reach for it thinking I do actually own it but I don't LOL).  To emphasise their shape I have 'daubed' around the edges of the hearts with Soft Suede ink.


Once I had attached all the little hearts to the Very Vanilla Top Note die cut, I then 'squished' it using the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I then cut around the score lines and added a Cherry Cobbler Top Note die cut to frame it.   A Cherry Cobbler Tulips Frame and some Very Vanilla Seam binding finished it off with a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments set.


Its very girly but is there such a thing as a male valentine's card?  


Happy Valentine's day to you where-ever you are - and yes Sads that includes you mwah


Nikki


x



2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Oh, wow, Nikki - this is GORGEOUS! I'll be CASEing it for sure. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend. I'm celebrating this day of love by going out for lunch with a girlfriend :)

kay said...

very pretty card miss nikki - hope paul enjoyed it