Monday, August 1, 2011

SAM Challenge - Celebrations

Its the first Monday of the month - must be time for a new SAM Challenge. Stampamemory is celebrating it's second birthday this month - so the Design Team decided it would be appropriate to scrap a celebration.  Our most recent Sadler Celebration was Kieran's 13th birthday (blacked out faces of his friends for blogland (their faces are usually that mucky in real life honest)).


IMG_9789
I just had to use the Celebrations DSP.  This is the month for retiring items .... and yes all the Designer Series Papers will be retiring - I wasn't sure about this one when I first saw it but I am pleased to say, I've almost finished the whole pack.  Its bright colours have worked well with my photos this year.


IMG_9790
I love the Stars wheel too (rumoured to be retiring but I will update this when I know for sure) - I love that it matches the star punch.  


IMG_9792
I've used the paper crimper to add texture to all of the pieces and the Bigshot Timeless Type alphabet for the numbers, Kieran is now officially a teenager! Olivia and I made the cupcakes - and we found some cute icing 'toppers' in the shape of balls together with some grey striped cupcake wrappers to make them 'teenage boy' proof.


IMG_9791 Bunting is so now - I love it .... wonder if Stampin' Up! will bring the bunting punch to us in the new catalogue this time? 


Kieran always has so much fun with this group of boys - and they are all so lovely ... its great to be able to scrap these photos and the event.  


So if you fancy putting a page together to celebrate an event please do join in .... post your link here and check out what all the other designers have come up with.


Back again very soon with more news of retired items, how to get your hands on the new catalogue, a launch party date and a OLW update.


Signing off ... a very busy crafting stampin bee


Nikki


x


 ps - I forgot to mention, I've found a new site for layout inspiration - www.pencillines.com - check them out.


 



2 comments:

Lynn Powell said...

Great LO Nikki! Those cupcakes look delicious

Tina Gillespie said...

I love the Celebrations DSP too and will be sad when it retires. Your bunting is spectacular - I really like how you've crimped it. I agree with Lynn - the cupcakes look very delicious!