Saturday, August 27, 2011

August Blog Hop - We Are Saying Goodbye

Hello and welcome to another blog hop - you are either on the hop already arriving from Ros Davidson's lovely blog or just starting right here.


With the excitement of the new Ideas Book and Catalogue comes the sadness of what has to go.  The Retired list is getting smaller - and for me this was one of my first sets.  I remember borrowing it from a friend until I could afford to buy it for myself - Eastern Blooms - discounted to just $29.96 and still available.


IMG_9796
I've used the rock and roll technique and inked the lovely flower in Certainly Celery and the rolled the edges around the Not Quite Navy ink pad to add some interest.  I really love this card layout - its so quick and easy and never fails to look good.  I've re-inked the same stamp with Chocolate Chip and stamped again - this time punching out the centres.  I've mounted these using Dimensions to add some .... well 'dimension' ... to the card :o)


Onward you must go to visit the lovely Kathryn Ruddick - she's an inspiration to all of us, her energy and enthusiasm never fails to shine through whatever she is doing.


And if you want to check out what's left of the Retiring Goodies before they are all gone - click here and call one of us on the hop to place your order before close of business Wednesday 31 August - yes that's next week.


Thanks for stopping by.


Nikki


x


 



8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Nikki. I love your unconventional colour choices for the flowers, and the satin ribbon is a gorgeous finishing touch. I'll be sad to see this set go, too.

Sue Madex said...

Those colours look great together. A nice card to farewell this set.

Chris H said...

Just gorgeous, Nikki. Hmmm...I really must get that set ASAP..your lovely card has inspired me :)

Alisha Watson said...

I love those colours together Nikki.I have never used this set and now after looking at your card I wish I had, thanks for sharing such a great card

Di Dunk said...

Love this card Nikki and love your colour choices. Never bought this set - wish I had of now! Thanks for sharing.

Judy May said...

Lovely card and great colour combo, Nikki. I love this set too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This too was my first stamp set as a demo -haven't used it nearly enough. I love your rock and roll technique. It looks very effective.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Thanks for your very sweet comment my friend. Great card - we forget about fabulous techniques like Rock'n'roll! Adore that satin bow! Gorgeous!