Sunday, June 26, 2011

Designer Series Papers Blog Hop

Well here it is .... this post is supposed to be part of a lovely blog hop dedicated to Stampin' Up! lovely Designer Series Papers but with the technical hitch this didn't happen.  If you'd like to have a peep at the hop (and you should because there are some super ideas and creations) start at the lovely Ros Davidson's blog 


Don't you just love how each pack coordinates so well - takes the hard bit out of creating a masterpiece.  


I was recently inspired by my lovely friend Sue Madex to 'interview' the kids and record their answers.  Traditionally I do try to do this for their birthdays but the end result doesn't often end up on a page.  So I sat down with both the kids on 12th of June, asked the same questions Sue asked her children and here's the end result.


IMG_9415
This is Kieran's page (he's 13)  - yes I really did use Rose Red for my boy!  I just love the Sweet and Sour set - so bright and it has textured bits - and if you use the sheets without the flowers it isn't too girlie ... right?


IMG_9418
See how the different sheets in the pack just work so well together.  I use up all the little scraps - just flick them over and you have a new design that coordinates perfectly- all Stampin' Up! papers are double sided with different and complimentary designs.


IMG_9411
Here's Olivia's page (she is 15), Blueberry Crisp - must be one of my favourites because I struggled to actually make this page using the remnants of what was left from previous projects.


IMG_9413
I think the best bit about the Stampin' Up! papers is that they take away the need to think - just pick a pack you like, chuck in a few coordinating sheets of card and away you go .... I used to stress that the blue wasn't quite the 'right' shade but really .... when you look back at the pages, do you notice this ... no of course not, its what's written and the photos, that's what counts and since I found Stampin' Up! I have started (and more importantly finished) so many more pages than ever before.


For those that want a closer look at the answers to those questions ... here's a close up.  Kieran's first and I should let you in a secret, I don't cook a meal without veggies ...


IMG_9420
and then here's Olivia's ... bless her for wishing her Dad lived in Melbourne full time .... soon sweetheart .... he'll be home again very soon.


IMG_9414
Hope you are having a lovely weekend - Melbourne is almost experiencing a heatwave ... during my walk today I had to take my jacket off :)


Happy scrapbooking


Nikki




6 comments:

Tina Gillespie said...

Great layouts! I love how you've switched the traditional colours. Their answers are very interesting and will be great to look back on in years to come.

Margaret Knoops said...

Your kids are gorgeous! Love the questions & answers - great idea. The DSP definitely are the way to go for scrapbooking - very easy & everything matches.

Sue Madex said...

Love the interviews - great to read the responses of older kids. They'll be great pages to read back on in a few years I bet.

Christine Blain said...

Love these, Nikki. I really like your placement of the photos, and the way you've used the DSP. Very cool!

Di Dunk said...

Oh Nikki. I LOVE them both, Absolutely gorgeous. And the way you have journalled is really clever too. SO glad you got your blog fixed so you could join us.

Judy May said...

Great pages Nikki - love the colour choices. Glad to see you are back in cyberspace!