Friday, June 10, 2011

A little bit of Black Magic

At a workshop a couple of weeks ago, I managed to find a technique that no-one had tried ... Black Magic.  My newsletter readers will have seen this technique with another sample already this month - everyone at the workshop loved how easy it was to create.


IMG_9263
It looks so effective and it is really simple.  Choose a stamp set that has some solid block areas .... I've chosen my all time favourite set Upsy Daisy, and using Craft white ink stamp the image onto black or dark cardstock.


Use the Stampin' Up! watercolouring pencils to colour in the white areas - I used two shades of blue - applying the lighter shade first and then the darker shade.  Take a white gel pen to add touches of white to the edges of your image - this step really makes it pop.


Why not give this lovely technique a try - I know I'll be digging more of my stamps out to see what I can come up with.


Happy stampin!


Nikki


x


 



1 comment:

MonicaB said...

Beautiful card. I never heard of black magic, but it's a stunning look.