Monday, November 2, 2009

Making Merry Monday # 18


 IMG_3331

It's November already ....does that send anyone else into a panic too?  I have bought three presents but that isn't nearly enough, panic is setting in ... but I do have a stash of cards ... so I am feeling a little more organised than normal :o)

This is another Winter Post creation, with the trees from Lovely as a Tree.  I've inked the trees in Old Olive and stamped them once as you usually would and then again without reinking ... setting the stamp just off centre to produce the 'shawdow' impression - gives the trees some depth I think.

I've used Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red and sponged the edges of the card with Chocolate Chip ink - I use a dauber as they give a really nice finish.

And then I've used the Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon and a piece from the HodgePodge hardware kit ... I was worried that this would make the card too heavy but it didn't - I will put a little bit of padding over it though when I post it ... not sure how it will travel through the postal sorting systems ... crunched is so not a good look is it!

I hope that you are having a very Merry Monday and that November hasn't sent you into a panic too.  Come back later today for news of how Stampin' Up can help you with your gift shopping and reward you with freebies too!

Happy stampin!

Nikki

x



No comments: