Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Echoes of Kindness and Candle Stamping

IMG_3564


Another candle and another technique I had never tried before.  This stamp set is a level II hostess set and it is beautiful.  It isn't something that I would initially pick out of the catalogue but now that I have used it I love it. 


I've stamped the image in black onto watercolour paper and then I've used the marker pens and watercolour brush to fill in the details.  Using a Brocade Blue marker, I have scribbled onto a piece of plastic (the top of the clamshell box that holds the stamps to be precise) and then I've picked up the ink with the watercolouring brush and coloured in the image.  I then got a bit carried away and decided to colour in some white tafetta ribbon with the same Brocade Blue marker to make a matching piece of ribbon - how cool is that!  The Oval All sentiment and scallop punch finished off the card. 

I've then stamped the image onto the candle using the marker pen directly to the tissue paper and finished the candle off with some So Saffron ribbon, some more of that 'homemade' Brocade Blue ribbon and a little sparkle.

Such a beautiful set ... hope the recipient likes them :o)


This set reminds me that the Spring Mini is finishing very soon so if you've been thinking of buying the Oval All or Scallop Oval now is the time ... before it is too late!



Blog signature



3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

WOW! That blue ribbon looks beautiful, Nikki - with the So Saffron, it looks very regal. Beautiful creations, my friend.

Ange said...

lovely Nikki - love that flower....always forget about that set!

Sue Madex said...

Gorgeous. Love how you do that thing with the rhinestone brad and ribbon!