Friday, November 6, 2009

I Knew I Could Get Linda To Make A Card!

I have a friend who doesn't understand craft ... doesn't appreciate the loveliness of paper and ribbon and the excitement of opening an ink pad and playing with glitter and glue ... okay so I am slightly mad but you get the picture ... well look what happened when she came to play the other night ... 

Linda is the lady who started the book club I belong too (not that I have read the books this past few months or even made it to the meetings but I do try) - she is also the secretary for my son's soccer club and as my husband is the President it amuses me to watch her keep him in line :o)

IMG_3339 

Linda ... and her lovely friends Carolyn, Mel and Leah came along too to have a play with my Stampin' Up! goodies and to see their 'non believer' in action - she looks a natural doesn't she!

IMG_3344 

Can you believe it?  Not only did Linda change my design to suit her tastes, she then sat and stamped and cut all of those flowers from the Eastern Bloom set and made another card .... talk about impressed!

IMG_3346
And here's a close up (which Linda insisted I take a photo off just to show you all how clever she was) - we had a great time and I am hoping we can do it again some day.  

Cheers for a great night girls.

POST UPDATE:  OH HAVE I GOT HER HOOKED ... Linda emailed yesterday and asked if she could come again to make another card ... she has a creation in her head that's red, white and cardboard box colour (that will be Kraft to us fellow Stampin' Up! girls!) ... god love her!  She told me not to laugh ... I didn't I just shouted 'YES"!  We are hooking up tonight for more creativity!

Blog signature



3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Wow Linda! Who knew such talent could belong to 'the uninitiated'??!! Nikki, I think you've got her hooked! Have fun!

Sue said...

Completely contagious this stamping bug! Love your cards Linda!!

Deb Bunyard said...

I am impressed!!!! Good job Linda :)