Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our Girl is 14

And we are feeling very old!  Never did I think I would be making a card for my daughter with a red truck on the front ... but here it is ...

IMG_3610
Oh yes it is a Twilight card .... I am so pleased with it.  Why? Well I am not a Twilight mum, just the mum of a Twilight addict so a lot of effort has gone into its creation ... firstly I needed inspiration so I trawled around the internet and found the site for Angela Sargeant and this lovely card.  

I then realised that I needed the Loads of Love stamp set for the little truck, which I don't own so I put the call out on the Art With Heart Forum and Vivian from Riddles Creek (a fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrator) sent me loads of stamped images of the truck - I coloured it with a Real Red marker pen and aquapainter and hey presto ... Bella's truck!

Of course, being the sponging and brayering girl that I am, the background was easy and the Lovely as a Tree stamp just perfect, but then I needed a quote.  I found a fantastic website but which quote?  Was Olivia Team Edward or Team Jacob?  A coded SMS to her at school and she's Team Jacob.  Found this quote and typed it onto Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the curly label punch - and I am pleased to say she loves it.  She recognised the quote immediately - she is such an addict!  There were many ooo's and arrhh's from her girlfriends - hence one pleased mum :o)

So what does a 14 year old girl want for her birthday ... a GHD hair straightener of course ... not any old one ... a limited edition one that was discontinued a couple of months ago!  But we found one thank goodness - there were many squeals and wiggles of her bottom (Olivia's happy dance - something she has done since she was very tiny) - so I think she loved her present too - thanks to Granny for chipping in - GHDs aren't cheap are they.

Now I would love to show you photos of our beautiful daughter but she is still in her PJs and it's Saturday afternoon so that isn't probably going to happen today!  She went to watch New Moon with her girlfriends after school yesterday and then they all came back to have a movie night in our TV lounge ... there are doonas and pillows everywhere and now I have just two PJ clad girls who keep popping out for more junk food.  It was so lovely yesterday to sit in the kitchen and listen to their shrieks of laughter and constant nattering - Olivia has a great circle of friends and from the sounds of it ... they seem to spend their school time playing jokes on each other ... I love hearing all their stories.

So perhaps later I will persuade Olivia that she really does need to get dressed and then I can take some photos - but I expect it will be tomorrow before they make it onto here.

Happy 14th birthday Olivia 

Love from Mum, Dad, KP and Max the hairy hound

x



3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Happy, happy birthday, OJ! I, for one, think you have a cool Mum :) Wow - a GHD hair straightener AND a Twilight card; what more could a girl possibly want??! Hope you catch up on some sleep after the sleepover.

Kimmy said...

Happy 14th birthday Olivia!! Hope you had a fantastic day!
Nikki, beautiful card.. just lovely! This was such a nice post!

Sue Madex said...

Happy birthday Olivia. Sounds like a great way to celebrate! Love the card too Nikki. Cheers, Sue