Monday, November 9, 2009

Making Merry Monday # 19

I've been having a fun day today ... what do you do when it is over 30 degrees and you're too hot to plant out the new veggie patch?  Well you stamp on candles of course!


IMG_3555
How beautiful is this?  This technique was demo'ed at the recent Regional Training day I attended and I have been itching to have a go ever since.  It compliments last week's card perfectly!  And of course I couldn't stop at one ...


IMG_3560
I made heaps!  I even made a matching birthday card and candle for a friend - but you'll have to wait to later in the week to see that one in case she pops in her to see what I have been up to :o)


Now have you heard of the saying 'if you can't beat 'em join them"?  I have a very crafty daughter who shares by crafting passion.  Since joining Stampin' Up! on 31 May this year, Olivia and I have spent so much time together creating lovely things that I often think that alone is a good enough reason to be a demonstrator - I sit at my kitchen table almost every night creating and Olivia can often be found sitting next to me creating her own masterpieces too - priceless when you consider she will be 14 this month ... I love it and am thankful of the time we spend together.


Well I also have an 11 year old son, a cool dude who is a sports maestro and just 'all boy'.  As we sat on our swing seat in the garden after dinner last night he says to me 'can I do some card making with you tonight mum?' ... talk about taking me by surprise.  And here are his creations ...


IMG_3565 I love the imagination of reindeer pulling a surf board!


IMG_3566 He's liking the surfboard set I've just bought!  At one point he said 'can you pass me the Chocolate Chip ink pad please mum'  ... god love him!


IMG_3567 He asked me to show him the 'ribbon thing' which roughly translates into sticking a bit of Real Red ribbon along the bottom of a card with snail ... 


IMG_3569 Yes he did do the 'ribbon thing' himself here with no help ... and patiently coloured with markers the Season of Joy stamp ... 


IMG_3568 
And a birthday card ....


He's gone to bed with ink up to his elbows (quite literally) and the Stampin' Up! catalogue under his arm ... he says I need more 'boy' sets and I think he is quite right.


It's moments like these that I cherish and I'll definately be making these photos into a scrapbooking page ... Kieran (or KP as he is affectionately known) used to spend time with me when he was younger scrapbooking and even has his own album ... but as mums of boys growing up would know ... this is short lived ... I am thankful for yesterday and the half hour it took KP to make the cards .... if you are a Granny , Auntie or Uncle Sadler or Newman you need to forget what you have just seen  ... these are your Christmas cards - :o)


He'll be so chuffed when he reads this post today :o)


Hope that you are well and happy and have a wonderfully Merry Monday and if you too want to stamp on a candle ...check out my classes - they are filling up fast.


Blog signature



3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

The candles are gorgeous, Nikki, but I do think you have some stiff competition in the creative stakes from that son of yours! Great cards, KP - look forward to seeing more on Mum's blog!

Sue Madex said...

Love the cards KP! That reindeer pulling the surfboard one is my favourite - made me smile. Great Aussie style Christmas!
Oh - loved the candles too Nikki! Cheers, Sue

Kimmy Meiklejohn said...

Awww, what a fantastic post! It's made my afternoon!
I agree Sue, my favourite KP card is the one with the reindeer pulling the surfboard! It's gorgeous!
And Nikki, beautiful candles!
Kimmy