Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Merry Monday # 22 and Summer Mini News

I can't believe it has been a whole week with no blogs - you must have thought that somebody had gagged me :o)  I reckon that Twilight card zapped me of my energy to be crafty!  So sorry - back now though!

It's almost December and the start of the silly season!  How is your card making going?  If you've been playing along since the start then you should be well on your way - have you started writing them yet?  

We, the Sadler Family, include a newsletter and some photos every year ... talk about making a big job into a huge job ... lol ... but from all the emails and letters we receive after Christmas I think the extra work is worth the effort ... the rewards are great!  I love to catch up with old friends and as we are well travelled (thanks to the Navy) we have friends scattered everywhere - it's great to catch up on their news - only the other day we received a card from one of our neighbours in Scotland with news of the families who we shared our lives with for six years - it was the highlight of last week - thank you Una.

So as today is the very last day for orders for the Spring Mini I thought I'd post my last card using Tree Trimmings.  I love this set ... and will be sad to see it disappear ... I think it is perfect for Christmas and at only $24.95, its not too expensive either.

IMG_3663

Colour are Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Whisper White - the swirls are from Baroque Motifs.

And just because it's the last day of the Spring Mini, I've also included another card using the beautiful Ski Slope paper $16.95; if you love this paper you need to call me now to place your order - we have until about 9pm tonite to place orders.

IMG_3665This one uses the Square Scallop punch which is a freebie if you purchase some products from the Christmas Extravaganza before 14 December ... click here for details. 

Colours are Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze - I've just bought the Crop-o-Dial - wow - an eyelet set through some grosgrain ribbon and two layers of card - like slicing through butter ... why has it taken me so long to buy one of these gadgets?

And here's the inside:

IMG_3668
Isn't that little snowman cute and the little tag on the front - both are part of the Punch Pals set that I purchased recently ... that's a set that Olivia wanted to buy ... she's been making some stockings for the family cards ... I'll show you those in a week or two.

As we say goodbye to the Spring Mini with the Scallop Oval punch, corduroy buttons and my all time favourite the Great Friend stamp set (such a beautiful butterfly) ... there is much excitement in the Stampin' Up! world because tomorrow marks the launch of the new Summer Mini ... it contains some very beautiful summery things, including some beautiful new papers and a fabulous punch ... I can't wait to show you.

To mark the launch of this new catalogue, starting at 6am on Tuesday 1 December, some of the ESAD Team will be hosting their very first Blog Hop showcasing items made using products from the Summer Mini Catalogue, so don't forget to come back tomorrow.  It doesn’t matter where you start as there will be a link to the next blog in the chain all the way along till you finally finish where you started.  And if you leave a comment on each and every blog in the chain you'll be entered into the draw to receive some Blog Candy - woo hoo!

So see you back here bright and early tomorrow and don't forget if you just have to have any of the items in the Spring Mini make sure you phone or email today :o)

Hope you have a very Merry Monday.


Blog signature
 



No comments: