Monday, September 26, 2011

Convention Swaps

At my little Launch night the week before last I was stumped for what to make. At Convention or Regionals we receive Make and Take packs which include everything you need to make cards, scrapbooking pages and usually a 3D item.  All of the items are always lovely so I thought 'why not make the Convention swaps' .... it made for easy preparation.


So here's the first one - we received the Creative Elements stamp set in our Convention bags.


IMG_9936Now I have a funny story for you.  When I saw this card I said 'oh great Stampin' Up! are bringing out some new sized envelopes' .... yes I think I was the only one in the room who hadn't noticed the very cute small open-end envelopes available on page 126 of the catalogue!


The butterfly is stamped using the 'marker to rubber' technique, the colours are Old Olive, Early Espresso and Not Quite Navy; and of course we were introduced to the new must have dotted scallop ribbon border punch (page 151) (a real bonus being a demo is that you get to see and use new products before they come to market)  - it punches double sided so here I have cut it in half.


The little sentiment is from the It's Your Day set.  Its a quick and easy card to make and the launch night girls loved making it too.


Check out the other sample in a day or two.


Happy stampin'


Nikki


x


 


 



No comments: