Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blog Hopping with a new Ideas Book and Catalogue

There's nothing like a deadline to get your mojo happening is there!  Yes a group of lovely ladies are blog hopping again this month - this time showing new items from the 2011-12 Ideas Book and Catalogue.  Now you know the routine, hop on board and just follow the links - and get ready to be inspired.


IMG_9948
I fell in love with this set from the minute I saw it, Faith In Nature.  I love pears (did you know they are very good for you if you have sensitive skin .... you should be eating at least one day, but I digress) .... So I have turned to my trusty Colour Coach and came up with this colour combo, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard and Pear Pizzaz.


IMG_9949
The pear was stamped using Stazon Ink onto watercolouring paper and then coloured using an aqua painter and the ink from the lids of the stamp pads (when the ink pad is still closed, squeeze the lid into the pad and then when you open the ink pad pick the ink up off the inside of the lid with either a blender pen or aqua painter).


Lots of sponging and tearing, with a piece of the First Edition speciality DSP, crumbled and inked too. I love the new scallop punch - perhaps now that I've used all the bits I punched at Convention I should actually buy the punch :o)


IMG_9945
And here's the second sample.  Its the same pear coloured in the same way; but this time I have 'roughed up the edges' a little.  The background stamp is from the new Simply Soft set - its a flower based two step stamping set but I thought this particular stamp would make a great random background stamp.


So its time to leave and hop along to visit Judy May and see what she has created this month to inspire us.


Have a lovely weekend and see you next week.


Nikki


x


 



11 comments:

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Very gorgeous cards and colours Nikki. I was looking at that pear stamp too - beautiful!! Glad to see you have been able to find a bit of time to stamp!

Di Dunk said...

Love them Nikki. I have that stamp but haven't used it yet - now I know how to make something look great. Thanks for sharing.

Christine Blain said...

Absolutely beautiful! Wow, creating under pressure sure does suit you, Nik. I really love the earthy colours on these cards; just gorgeous.

Tina Gillespie said...

Gorgeous cards Nikki. I love how you've used the Simply Soft stamp on the background. I've lamented recently that I didn't have a stamp that could do that, but now you've shown me that I do!

Alisha Watson said...

Nikki, or should i call Di :-p haha. I am in love with this stamp set like you from the first time I saw it. You have shown it off beautifully. They are all wonderful.

Tania Gould said...

Beautiful card - I think I may want this set now!
PS - I LOVE your blog design!

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Nikki, thanks for showing another hostess stamp set, I will need to place another order to get this one to my collection. Great colouring in.

Claire Daly said...

Yes this was the first set I got Nikki - it's gorgeous isn't it. Your cards are fabulous, I especially love the way you have used the border punch in the top card.

Sue Madex said...

Love your cards Nikki - gorgeous colour combo. What a beautiful stamp set. That DSP looks great as a backdrop.

Chris Henderson said...

Beautiful cards and beautiful colours. Good enough to eat!

Judy May said...

Gorgeous cards, Nikki. You've inspired me to get this set out now. Love the scallop ribbon strip on top, it really 'grounds' the image.