Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Mum

IMG_8435
Photographed on a very dreak Melbourne morning - sorry .... the card is straight I promise!


Concord Crush, Basic Black with Whisper White - lovely crisp combination.  I was making some ATC's a few nights before I made this card and decided I would turn one of them into a card for my Mum.


IMG_8437
Here's  a close up of some of the detail.  I've used the edging punch and emphasised the scallops with little pearls, and I just love the Tiny Tags - they make such a cute little embellishment for the ribbon.


IMG_8433
Here's a close up of the ATC's I made (Artist Trading Cards) - I am sure there is a 'proper' name for the technique that I have used to create the little cupcakes but I am going to call it the Mashed Technique!


I've punched the cupcakes using the new punch from the Autumn Winter Mini and adhered all the little bits onto some Whisper White Cardstock.  I then ran this little piece through the Big Shot using the Lattice Embossing folder (still available from the Summer Mini).  All the little pieces became 'mashed' together!


IMG_8436I hope you have a super day Mum - thinking of you always.


Love Paul, Nikki Olivia, Kieran, Max and naughty Spencer


xxxx



1 comment:

Cath Dean said...

Gorgeous as always Nikki, I love the mash technique myself, I did hear someone call it embedded embossing but I think I like the mash myself, reminds me of yummy mashed taties and onion gravy in this freezing melbourne weather!!!!!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter and the bunny is kind!!!
Cath x