Saturday, April 23, 2011

Autumn Winter Mini Blog Hop

Just what you need for a long weekend .... a blog hop.  You'll have arrived here from the lovely Di Dunk or perhaps you are just starting here ...Sit back and enjoy the inspirational posts in this month's hop - and then find yourself some time to create before its back to the grindstone on Wednesday :)


Mine's short and sweet this month - Easter for me is a time for Spring and daffodils, little lambs and baby chicks .... so I was inspired to make a card with blues and yellows.


IMG_8445
Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi - such lovely spring / summer colours.


The Hello Blossoms is from the a la carte range at the back of the Mini catalogue.  These stamps are great value for money and I will be using this one often - perfect for little notelets or letters to friends.


IMG_8444
A close up of the stamped image - it is clearer in real life - the Melbourne sunshine was very bright today - and no I am not complaining!


I've also used the new embossing folder- Framed Tulips.  I don't there there is often a card or scrapbooking page where I don't get the Big Shot out - an investment for certainly worth it.  And of course the Lattice folder has also been used - this being a carry over from the Summer Mini.


Okay time to hop along - have a wonder Easter break with the ones that you love and stay safe.  My husband is home for five days so we have heaps planned including the dawn service in Melbourne on Monday for ANZAC day and of course an Easter egg hunt, mixed in with lots of fun and lots of chocolate and plenty of time spent with very good friends .... looking forward to many photo opportunities to keep me scrapping through May :)


Have fun visiting Christine Blain and see you soon.


Nikki


x



6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is very sweet, Nikki. I love how the Daffodil Delight card looks, embossed with the tulip folder - just gorgeous. Enjoy your family time this long weekend xx

Tina Gillespie said...

Cute card Nikki! I really like the bright cheerful colours.

Kylie Bertucci said...

So Bright and Happy like you Nikki!! I am smiling looking at it. I haven't got to play with the tulip embossing folder yet you have reminded me to pull it out.

Alisha Watson said...

Nikki, I love the colours, nice, bright and chearful, just what I need right about now, thanks for sharing your gorgeous work

Chris H said...

Such a sweet card, Nikki...just love the colours you have used. The embossing looks great!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Love what you've been doing with the embossing folders recently Nikki, and this card is sooo sweet! xox