Thursday, March 24, 2011

MIA and Faux Silk

Sorry - yes it is true there is a lot of dust settled in here .... been MIA for over a week .... where have I been?  Nowhere special ... just here .... but now that Paul is away it is taking some time to adjust to the new routine - oh and I've broken the washing machine so I have washer woman duties to add to my list of tasks ... but it will be fixed soon!


I've managed to make a few things (in between the normal day job, being a mum and now a stand in dad ... I even cut the grass this week, pruned the roses and helped my neighbour by mowing her nature strip too) .... so posting will return to the usual frequency I promise ....  I am sure that I will soon get into the new routines and be back to normal :)


So what have I made?  Well an old and trusted technique - a real workshop wow ... Faux Silk.  The lovely Sue Madex reminded me of this lovely card and here is my version.


IMG_8349
With Sale-a-bration almost over I am giving my favourite stamp set Bliss a good work out this week.


IMG_8351
Here's a close up - its so easy ... just stamp your images onto white tissue paper, screw it up into a ball, unravel and adhere to a piece of white cardstock. Easy and looks good every time.


Back in a day or two with a special person's birthday card, and a team blog hop on Saturday.  But for now I will leave you with a snapshot of our daily chats on Skype .... that's my husband who is currently in Orchard Hills in New South Wales on the big screen and the kids and I huddled around the computer in our kitchen on the little insert screen - its so cool being able to Skype, means even the dogs get to say hi every day :)


Screen shot 2011-03-23 at 7.38.54 PM
Happy stampin and see you Friday!


Nikki


x



1 comment:

Sue Bayliss said...

Love your Faux Silk card the pink and blue colour combination is great (skype is so wonderful to keep in touch)