Monday, October 5, 2009

Making Merry Monday # 14

IMG_3138

Okay, I know, so it's Old Olive ... but it is a new stamp set - lol

I've been making heaps of cards using Party Hearty this past week as this is my contribution to the forthcoming Craft Expo which starts this Thursday and I thought this was a cool idea for a Christmas card with a non-festive set.  I've seen it done somewhere but I can't remember where (if you know can you let me know so that I can organise a link here - thank you).

So the card is Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red with some of the I Wish DSP, a large brad and some in colour ribbon.  I've used the marker pens to get the two colours on the image ... this would make for a very quick card if you need to make a lot of them.

As we head into October and daylight savings many of us are beginning to think of presents and cards for Christmas, so if you've been playing along with the Making Merry Monday you should have quite a nice stash of cards organised ... if not ... then there is no time like the present to make a start ... come on a couple of cards a week and you'll soon have them finished.

And don't forget, if you are heading to CraftExpo this week be sure to drop by and say hi.

Happy stampin

Love Nikki

x




2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Very cute card, Nikki - nice and crisp, and love the colours. Nice job, lovey.

nikki said...

Thank you - bit late with my thank yous I'm sorry ... hope you are having a super week.