Monday, October 24, 2011

Making Merry Monday

IMG_9384A friend told me this weekend just past that there are 8 weeks until Christmas.  Is anyone else as shocked by that little gem of information as I am?  OMG - that's not long is it.


Without further ado, here's a card that I was going to teach in a Glitter class.  Yes I am going to say WAS because this class is doomed I think!  I've had to cancel it so many times for all sorts of reasons, so I am thinking it is a sign - this class isn't meant to happen :o(


IMG_9386
Here's a close up of the sparkliness (yes a new word for the 2011 festive season). And how do we do that?  


Well you stamp your image first.  Then take your Versamark pad and stamp this over the image - straight onto the cardstock - not onto the stamp - you need to cover the cardstock completely.  (Tip: I tend to stamp several images on one piece of cardstock and then Versamark and glitterise (not sure that is a real word either) the whole lot at the same time).


Cover the whole piece of card with some Heat and Stick powder - use a heat gun to melt this.  When the powder is moulton, sprinkle over Dazzling Diamonds.  Tap off the excess and heat again.  (Tip:  just a little flash of the heat gun this time - we are just setting the Dazzling Diamonds not melting it).


IMG_9445
Hey presto you have some lovely sparkly pieces to make into cards.


This card uses the Delightful Decorations set and matching Ornament punch. Using a matching stamp and punch means you can churn a few of these out in double quick time - just what we need with only 8 weeks left to go!  The swirl is from Baroque Motifs.


Happy Making Merry Monday.


Nikki


x



2 comments:

Claire Daly said...

Just beautiful Nicki! Love all that festive sparkliness (and love the new word too!), the colour combination and the way you have used that lovely flourish. Very inspiring!

Karen said...

Lovely! You've given me courage to go try my heat n stick powder out now!