Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Its One on 1 Time Again

One on 1 Blog ButtonThe start of a new month brings with it One on 1 time again.  Thanks to Debra for sending you along to my little piece of cyberspace.  


This month's task was to revisit photos of our word.  I struggled last time to find enough photos of my word and what it means to me but over the course of this year, I have opened my eyes to so many photos I want to include within my album now.   I haven't printed my photos yet, but here they are, these all remind me of changes that have come about in the past few months.


IMG_9903We moved offices - and with it left behind a heap of 'history' - a new start!  Whilst I never blog about my work - it is a really big part of my life - and has been one of the biggest changes this year.


IMG_0069The garden is quickly becoming a new passion of mine - I've even been weeding!  how to stop a naughty dog from digging up the new plants - now that is a mystery but I won't be beaten - hanging baskets I am thinking LOL


IMG_0060Taking time for myself - painted toenails (even if they aren't expertly done) ... give me so much pleasure!  I'm learning to look after me, starting with my feet .... and that will please my Mum xx


IMG_9977
Cooking healthy food for the family.  With my husband being away so much it is very easy to 'slip' into snack mode .... the kids love this quiche (very good for you because it is made with filo pastry - and I add in 'yucky' green stuff - spinach to you and me) so I make one every week - and its devoured within hours. I love to cook and enjoy providing the children with healthy foods.


IMG_9659
Sydney, regretably, is still going to be a prominent part of our lives as my husband embarks on a new posting with the Navy this month - one that will see him living there for at least another 12 months.  It isn't what we planned but moaning isn't going to change it - so we are all embracing this change knowing that one day he will be home with us again.


IMG_0385
Olivia and I have become Mebourne Heart fans - KP always went to the matches with his Dad, now when Paul isn't in town he has to put up with some girlie company - secretly I think he likes this change very much.


IMG_9900
I have a passion for quotes and I especially love this one - it kinda sums up where I am at right now - I am really loving how this One Little Word is working for me.


Change button Change
Over the course of the last few months I have found these few images which resonated with me and my word - I love the Change Button - how accurate is that .... we just need to be ready to press the button and change can happen.  And how true is the little verse; we can achieve so much if we are open to changing the way we think.


Zena     Images
And two final photos, some lovely pink boxing gloves to remember to stop beating myself up over small trivial things and a clock - time is precious - I need to learn to use it wisely, cos really time does fly!


Time now to hop along to see Monica to hear how her month has gone. 


Hope to see you next month ... who can believe that we are in November already?  Two more months and it will be time to choose another word .... perhaps this time you will join me on this journey - I can really recommend it.


Thanks Margie for all that you do in keeping this hop hopping xxx


Nikki


x


 



14 comments:

Deb Blakley said...

Wow, Nikki, loved the post (what gorgeous kids you have!!! No kidding.) Just for a little perspective, those of us living through the drought of the summer, here on the prairie of Oklahoma, USA, are insanely jealous of you getting to live in Sidney. Can I come for a visit???? Enjoy! Live in the moment!

Cheri said...

That is a LOT of positive changes in your world! A lot to deal with at once, but you seem to be handling it admirably.

Rebekah said...

Love the change button too! Quotes can be so inspiring also, thanks for sharing.

Amanda (Scrappnbee) said...

What wonderful pictures! I love the quote. Thank you for sharing your OLW homework with us! -Amanda

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Change is the one constant in life, ironic, huh? I absolutely love the quote, and the boxing gloves are an awesome reminder for those of us that are hard on ourselves!!!! Be proud of your kids and give yourself a pat on the back every now and then!!!! xoxo

Jan B said...

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos and thoughts with us. I think you expressed your word perfectly through them. Yeah, I need one of those "change" buttons! :) Oh, the possibilities!
Blessings...

Lisa said...

What a great post! Love your painted toenails and the entire concept of accepting (and celebrating) change! Excited for you on your journey.

MonicaB said...

Great post! Change is hard, but it's always there. Wonderful job trying to celebrate the change.

Margie S said...

Great post. I love seeing all your pictures and hearing about all of the change. That change your thoughts, change your world quote is great. I feel like I did that just yesterday and it is already making a HUGE difference - let's hope I can maintain it. I'm sorry to hear about the separation your family has to endure. I've done it for much shorter periods of time and I know how hard it can be. Hang in there. And thanks so much for joining in each month for the blog hop!

Margie said...

I almost forgot to ask... can I have the recipe for the quiche. It sounds like something my family might enjoy!

Karen Cumming said...

Nikki, this is a lovely post and a nice little window into your world. First, try pepper on the soil around your new plants. It worked for us - at least till they got established & the dog was hilarious sneezing all over the place!! Second, sorry to hear that Paul is away for another year - I guess it's just a means to an end, but it must be a bind. Be patient little lady, you are obviously having some lovely one on one time with your kids. And as you say, time flies. Hugs.

Sam @ Learn. Create. Do. said...

I always love trips to Melbourne, getting away from Sydney. Have you tried the bridge climb yet? It's pricey but an awesome way to see the city. You have a great set of photos and quotes. That rose is so beautiful!

Lynn Wigren said...

Love your change button although I think someone else's finger pushing it would be appropriate!
Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Claire Daly said...

Love catching up on how your word has been working for you so much this year Nikki :) Excited to see (and I had already noticed) that your passion for gardening has increased too! I loved this post and I admire all you are doing while Paul is away :)