Saturday, October 22, 2011

Big Shot Blog Hop

Yes it's that time once again for another blog hop -  this time show casing the lovely Big Shot - one of my favourite tools.  There are  six stops along the way - grab a cuppa and hop on board for some lovely inspiration.   


IMG_0041


My most favourite die is the Timeless Type alphabet - being a scrapbooker I love that I can create any title I like.  I took a tip from Tina Gillespie (the hop before me)  and 'chopped off the curly bits' to change the style of the letters - what a fab idea.  


IMG_0034
I also love the versatility of the embossing folders.  Just on this scrapbooking page alone I have used both the alphabet and three embossing folders.   IMG_0033


Embossing cardstock and papers is a cheap and easy way to change their look and feel.


IMG_0035
Hop along now to see the lovely Sue Madex - she's been absent from our hops for a little bit and we've missed her.


Just have to finish this post with a close up on my boy, did he really look like this once?  Was he really this little and cute?   


IMG_0042
Happy hopping and big shotting!


Nikki


 


x


 



9 comments:

Ros Davidson said...

Great layout Nikki. How cute is KP?

Margaret Knoops said...

What a handsome due you have & an awesome layout. Thanks for the wonderful tip about cutting off the curly bits of the alphabet set - it certainly turns it into a completely new style.

Margaret Knoops said...

Oops - meant to say "What a handsome dude you have".

Judy May said...

Great layout, Nikki. Love those embossing folders as well!

Tina Gillespie said...

Ooooh, I really like the effect of the embossing folders on the DSP. Gonna have to try that one! And I agree with the other ladies - you have a handsome little man in that photo!

Ann said...

Gorgeous layout (& photo) what was the background paper - did you make your own DSP???

Chris said...

As a non-scrapbooker I am totally amazed at your wonderful layout, Nikki. It looks so simple and unfussy but there are so many special little touches to it. And it really showcases one very gorgeous young man!

TRACEY said...

Not being a scrapper myself nik, that is gorgeous and every bit as hansome as your little man. Hope you are well friend, take care.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Love what you have done with the DSP and embossing folders. And yes, he was very cute!!