Monday, October 10, 2011

Making Merry Monday 2011

IMG_9955
With it being October now - I thought it would be a good time to bring back Making Merry Monday. MMM was invented by Anita Meade a few years ago and the idea is that you post a Christmas idea every Monday (or you could reword that last sentence to read 'Nik is going to be super organised and have all her cards made in good time this year' LOL).  Here's the first one.


When I saw this set in the new catalogue it was top of my 'had to buy it now' list.  Beautiful Season is great for watercolouring and the little bird can be made into a little robin very easily.  The little sentiments in the set fit perfectly with some of the punches too, this will make it easy to mass produce cards if you need to - I'll have a sample or two to show you very soon.


Have you seen the new sparkles in the catalogue this year?  Glass Glitter (page 145) is so lovely, and I've used Sticky Strip to glue it into place.  And isn't the new Stripes embossing folder lovely - very Christmassy I thought.


What this space for more Christmas card ideas - this is the month to make a couple extra and donate them to a good cause - I make and collect cards the Defence forces serving overseas - if you have any cards you'd like to donate also please get in touch.


Happy Stampin'


Nikki


x



3 comments:

sharon watkins said...

Lovely card nikki, very festive. xx

kay said...

oooh - get you with your clever card! - it's gorgeous and has a real olde worlde feel with a modern twist - excellent!

Judy May said...

Love this set as well, Nikki. I may just join you on the MMM quest as I am sooooo not ready for Christmas! That way you can help me keep on the path to being organised as well!