Saturday, January 22, 2011

Summer Mini Blog Hopping Loveliness

By now I am sure you will have drooled over the new Summer Mini - so many yummy new products.  This little blog hop is focusing on just that - Summer Mini loveliness.


You may have just arrived from the wonderful Kathryn Manglesdorf site ... or you may be starting right here .... don't worry, a hop is a full circle, keep clicking through and you'll visit all of the blogs along the way ... all 9 of them!


When I saw the Presto Patterns Speciality Designer Series Papers they were the first item on my shopping list.


IMG_8123
These papers are so beautiful.  There are 12 sheets in a pack and they are 'cover-weight' ... which in layman's terms means the paper is 'thick' LOL.  Its almost like an embossed clear image that appears right before your eyes, without the need for embossing powders and a heat gun.  The vintage patterned papers come to life when you apply ink to them.  Here I have used a sponge and just rubbed ink onto the page but you could use a brayer or some Smooch Spritz.


IMG_8126
Now to be honest I probably over did the Smooch Spritz ... but these little pearlised accent sprays add a splash of colour to the page ... very sparkly and it is a Christmas page afterall.  The colours I chose were Pacific Point, Marina Mist and Pear Pizzaz - I tried to match the more prominent colours of the photos.


IMG_8125
You'll notice there is even some stitching, a Big Shot punched snowflake and a few of the Delightful Decorations baubles along with lots of torn edges and even some sparkly rhinestones.  The journalling is on a page from the Hostess Level One paper pack - screwed up and Smooch Spritz'd for good measure.  


Can you see anything else from the Summer Mini?  I sneeked in an Itty Bitty Bits heart and little button - if you haven't seen these they are just so cute (if you click on the photo above you should get to see it a little clearer) .... I'll have a card or two to show you (once I've gotten them out of my head and on cardstock LOL) .. these are just so cute and great for adding just a little bit extra to your cards and pages.


IMG_8127


And here is a close up of the photo - we always put together a collage of photos to send with our Christmas cards and letter each year.  Our letter is tucked in behind the photo - there's a little tag of ribbon attached to it to make it easier to pull out and read in years to come.


IMG_8128


Lots of memories from 2010.  Well I had better let you hop along ... off you go to check out the lovely Tina Gillespie to see what she is showcasing today.


Back next week with Sale-a-bration news and more of those little Itty Bitty Bits.


Have a lovely weekend.


Love Nikki


x


 



10 comments:

Monique said...

Great scrap book page. Love the colours, gives a compeletely different look for that paper than I have seen from other colours.

Christine Blain said...

I love your choice of colours, Nikki. Must say this paper hadn't really appealed to me before, but I might just have to rethink that! It's a beautiful page, capturing what has been a rather busy and big year for your family. Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

Great work, Nikki. You almost inspire me to take up scrabbooking!

Judy May said...

Love that colour combo Nikki and a great way to summarise the year. I see you've christening the sewing machine as well :).

Di Dunk said...

Gorgeous work Nikki. Absolutely love what you have done with that DSP. I haven't even used mine yet. Must vely..

Alisha Watson said...

Aww Nikki that is so lovely, you make any photo say wow, I love the colours you have used and you didnt "overdo" anything its just perfect

Sue Madex said...

Love the colours you've used on that snazzy paper - they flow together so well. Great layout!

Tina G said...

Fantastic layout Nikki! The colours are great and I love the idea of the hidden letter.

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

wow, wow, wow, I looked at the dsp in the catalogue and that yuck but now with those colours and inspiration well, I might just have to add that to my wish list.

villa mallorca said...

Amazing work you have done here Mam...The way plus the combination you select fro the colors and the paper are unique and giving a spectacular look....This post shows your experience in your work..Hats off to you ..