Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Beautiful Friend

Now I know she reads my blog ... so I know she will read this.  I have a very beautiful friend; one I can share anything and everything with.  We chat, we laugh, we chat some more, we cry, we chat a lot more, we laugh a whole lot more .... she 'gets' me.  There is nothing we can say or do that will alter our friendship - our children believe our families are related to each other - she is my BFF, she is Tracy of course :)


IMG_8010I struggle to make a card every year for my friend .... I want it to be extra special ... this card was no exception.  It evolved in rather an usual way ... I knew I wanted to create a card using the Concord Crush and Pear Pizzaz combination and used the Colour Coach to add in Peach Parfait.  So I created the scallop square border, ribbon and little tag (I must stop using the little tags on everything don't you think) and the little sentiment .... almost like a border and then pondered for hours before I created the middle bit!  


Perfect Punches is such a beautiful set ... and the little pearls are fast becoming one of my favourite embellishments.  I don't usually make cards this way round but I am pleased and know that Tracy will love it.


Happy birthday sweetheart - I do hope you have a fabulous day, thank you for being my BFF.


Love Nikki


xxxx



3 comments:

Anita Meade said...

Nikki, this post brought a tear to my eye. What a wonderful blessing to have such a special BFF in your life. I feel the same way about my dear friend Erica. I'm sure Tracy will love her beautiful card.

Sue said...

Ditto from me. What a lovely card for your friend. Love the layering. True friends are such a blessing aren't they.

Amanda Hill said...

what a lovely post Nikki, it made me smile reading it. I'm sure she will love the card.