Monday, January 3, 2011

Stampamemory Challenge - January 2011

Happy New Year to everyone, I love New Year ... a time for reflection, new beginnings and dare I say it resolutions - certainly a great time for some reflective scrapbooking, but you will have to wait for another day to see what I have been up to.


Stampamemory's challenge for January 2011 is to produce a page using this sketch. I love using sketches because no matter how you interpret it - it always works.


Sam sketch 18


IMG_8026I really struggled with the title of this layout - I wanted to write Veggie Patch but it wouldn't fit ... so Veg it is!  I chose photos that would remind us just how fast things can grow in your garden and the end result - our veggie patch is providing us with endless hours of entertainment (well Paul and I, the kids don't quite get their mother when she runs around pointing out baby cucumbers or spends hours on the net researching solutions for whitefly LOL).


IMG_8027This little embellishment was made using the Every Moment set, watercolour paper and a blender pen - regular viewers of my blog will remember this technique for a birthday card - very easy to do - the hardest part is the cutting out!


IMG_8028The colours are Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso and Poppy Parade.  The little strawberry is from the Tart and Tangy set - I've used Crystal Effects to give it a glossy finish.  I've also edged the designer series papers from the Subtles pack using some Linen Thread - which I simply stapled into place.


IMG_8029The Poppy Parade patterned paper is from the paper stack that is available as a Hostess Level One benefit when you hold a workshop - it matched perfectly with the first tomatoes of the season.  I also used the Spritzer and and Early Espresso pen to speckle the paper - I was thinking it should be a bit grubby as I always end up covered in soil when I am gardening LOL


So now its your turn to have a go - you can enter your pages at Stampamemory - the challege is open for three weeks and we would love to see your creations.


Nikki


x


NOTE:  Two posts in one day from me today ... two birthday cards coming later today :)



4 comments:

Anita Meade said...

What a great page Nikki! You are so clever. I've really been feeling the urge to start scrapbooking regularly again. Thanks for the prompt to document my little veggie garden. It is such a big part of my life at this time of year. A bit like another child really! Lol!

Sue Madex said...

Looks like a great veggie garden Nikki. Love the layout. Happy New Year!

Delys Cram said...

Gorgeous page Nikki..love that stamp ..must get it out again. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tanja Westwood said...

I love the soft colours and how you used the speckle effect and the delicate flower in the corner of your layout. Very sweet :)