Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Chris and Susannah

Two birthdays on the same day .... first my brother celebrates his 40th today - yep he finally enters the over 40's club - welcome Chris!


IMG_8008Isn't the little penquin cute - he's the two step owl punch with a slight adjustment to his ears - I chopped them off ... brutal I know - hence his startled look I think :)


The little balloons are from the Party This Way set and the numbers were cut using the Sizzix Timeless Type alphabet.  I really love the Celebrations Designer Series papers - they are just so bright.


And my second card is for my lovely friend Susannah who lives in Scotland.  We met at a painting class many years ago and have remained friends ever since.  


IMG_8016Another Fifth Avenue rose, this time in Rose Red - watercoloured and then cut out - I sponged the edges a little.  I used the Friendly Words roller and Versamark to create the background and layered up pieces of embossed card, leaves from the Two Step Bird punch and offcuts from the beautiful new Vintages trims to create this card.  The lace at the bottom is called Chantilly and I've added a few of the little self adhesive pearls - I think you can just about see them the photo - they are very tiny - and a quick spritz of shimmer mist.


Happy birthday to both of you.


Love from Nikki


xx


NOTE:  The latest Stampamemory challenge started today - if you missed this morning's post scroll down :) 



1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

I really like both of these, Nikki. What lovely cards.