Wednesday, January 12, 2011

JAI Challenge # 50

With the news of the devastation in Queensland filling the days with more and more sadness and despair, I decided that as I listen to the updates I would make a card.  Of course the girls at Just Add Ink always have a challenge for us to take part in ... I find it easier to do something 'normal' whilst listening to this type of news - makes me feel a little less helpless and reminds me that card making is such a simple pleasure but one that we shouldn't take for granted.


It's a colour challenge this week and here is my card.


IMG_8117I've used the new Itty Bitty Bits from the Summer mini - so cute with their matching Punch Pack and little Bitty Buttons.  The little sentiment has been attached to the inside of the card and a 'peep' hole punched through.


IMG_8118


IMG_8119


I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to live through a natural disaster like this.  Thinking of everyone affected by the devastation, especially those that have lost loved ones.


Nikki


x



4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Those Itty Bits are very cute!! .. and so is your card!

Danielle Daws said...

It's just more and more bad news with the devastation, isn't it? So sad.
Your card is just lovely though. :-) Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Karen Southwell said...

How cute are those Itty bits, love our card Nikki

Kim Badelt said...

Love your multicoloured itty bits Nikki, they really pop when framed by the Elegant Eggplant.